VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 gti
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got 2010 Volkswagen GTI I am looking for a donor car either a whole are or an R32 if it's an R all I need is the holiday X differential rear end assembly and the gas tank and control module if it's north 32 the engine transmission drive shaft and rear end my MK6 GTi has a bad thrust bearing I'm still driving the s*** out of it and surprisingly it's holding up really well I know the crank bearings are bad so I'm planning on trying and all-wheel drive swab when I put the new engine down in there I'm either going to buy icct a block and rebuild it or an R32 block and put it in there depending on donor cars I find

·
Registered
310 Posts
So if I'm reading/translating this right....

"holiday x" = Haldex

You have a GTI that you want to make it AWD and VR6 powered by using parts from an R32?

You would need to cut out the spare wheel well and make it more shallow, you need the rear subframe and hubs from an R32, you need the DSG and bevel box and the whole engine, ECU, TCU and haldex controller, not to mention probably some coding to get it all done.

That is a lot of work, time, effort and money. It would be far cheaper and easier to just buy an R32

I have a MkV R32, blue, 183k miles that has timing chains done and a new DSG put in about 2 years ago and only 40k miles on the DSG. If you're interested email me, my username works for email. Located in SF

·
Registered
89,446 Posts
Holy moly buddy. You didn't use a single period or comma in any of that.

Check Copart and IAAI. There's always an assortment of wrecked MK5s for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts