VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is there a tool to pop out the stock ones?
Aim the mirrors all the way down or up, whichever exposes the most edge for you to get fingers around. I was surprised how little pressure was need to get the drivers mirror out (aimed down) but make sure you use at least a few fingers to keep the pressure spread out or they will crack. Found this out on the passenger mirror that either up or down didn't give me much edge. I had to wedge a screwdriver wrapped in a towel an edge to lift it a tiny bit. I didn't put too much pressure but with it localized under the driver it cracked the factory mirror. Lesson learned.

The new mirrors are a bit trippy at first since they get a litte "fun house" around the edges, but the expanded visibility and blue tinting are worth the price especially with the blind spot the Golf's have.

·
Super Moderator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,412 Posts
Aim the mirrors all the way down or up, whichever exposes the most edge for you to get fingers around. I was surprised how little pressure was need to get the drivers mirror out (aimed down) but make sure you use at least a few fingers to keep the pressure spread out or they will crack. Found this out on the passenger mirror that either up or down didn't give me much edge. I had to wedge a screwdriver wrapped in a towel an edge to lift it a tiny bit. I didn't put too much pressure but with it localized under the driver it cracked the factory mirror. Lesson learned.

The new mirrors are a bit trippy at first since they get a litte "fun house" around the edges, but the expanded visibility and blue tinting are worth the price especially with the blind spot the Golf's have.
I just bought a set of these from Parts4Euro (thanks for the fast shipping btw!) and would also suggest that after tipping the mirrors one way or another you can use something like light-gauge speaker wire looped behind the mirror to gently pull the mirror off of the cup.

The mirrors work great and they are a nice addition to the car. :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your order Paul!

I just bought a set of these from Parts4Euro (thanks for the fast shipping btw!) and would also suggest that after tipping the mirrors one way or another you can use something like light-gauge speaker wire looped behind the mirror to gently pull the mirror off of the cup.

The mirrors work great and they are a nice addition to the car. :thumbup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
any chance you have these with out tints? I heard if you have the tinted one and you have tinted windows it's harder to see.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How well does Heating work?

I'm interested in feedback from other people who have these installed as to how the heating seems to work compared to OEM. Mine don't seem to have any warmth to them and don't seem to have had any impact through the recent snow, whereas the OEM mirrors worked quite well.

I guess I need to take one off, reinstall the OEM mirror and do a back to back comparison. The Blindspot element certainly helps, although it is nowhere near as distinct as it is on OEM mirrors, but I need the heating to work effectively

1 - 20 of 22 Posts