VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm interested in feedback from other people who have these installed as to how the heating seems to work compared to OEM. Mine don't seem to have any warmth to them and don't seem to have had any impact through the recent snow, whereas the OEM mirrors worked quite well.

I guess I need to take one off, reinstall the OEM mirror and do a back to back comparison. The Blindspot element certainly helps, although it is nowhere near as distinct as it is on OEM mirrors, but I need the heating to work effectively
Just to answer my own question, since nobody else did, I measured the resistance of the heating elements in these mirrors and the stock ones. The resistance in these is 1/2 the stock heating lement so it's no wonder they are just about useless as heated mirrors.

My 2 cent, save your money and buy decent OEM mirrors, these are junk.

And "To The Top" it goes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stay away !!

On my 2nd pair. they look good when you get them then a week later the Blue becomes cloudy (different shades of blue not uniform ) just poor quality for the price.. parts4euro.com very helpful on 1 replacement set no response on the on the 2nd set same issues

21 - 22 of 22 Posts