VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm looking for info on the rear fog set up. Zollie? Are the US Quantum Syncro tail lights the same as European Passat 32B variant? I have the factory two position fog light switch and some European headlight assemblies with inner fog lights. I would like to get my car set up with a proper rear fog light. Anybody? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I looked at my bulb tray and each light is single filament. The tray is also stamped with "US DOT" so I'm assuming the bulb tray is different in Europe.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pictures of my tail light situation. Please have a look for me if you live across the water! I'm gonna guess the top position is dual filament.

Bulb tray

Housing

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The socket is active on top, it's just a bad picture because I have no bulb in the turn signal or the top. The top red is a 10W running light and the bottom red is 21W brake. I'm guessing the European version has a dual filament bulb on the top spot or whichever is not used as a brake light. As you said Zollie likely holds the answer!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! I know this sounds bad but I was having trouble sleeping because I couldn't stop thinking about it! Now... Do you have any bulb trays for sale???? :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.