VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I'm looking for info on the rear fog set up. Are the US Quantum Syncro tail lights the same as European Passat 32B variant? I have the factory two position fog light switch and some European headlight assemblies with inner fog lights. I would like to get my car set up with a proper rear fog light. Anybody? Thanks!

Link to original thread with pictures of my tail light and bulb tray.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5975314-Passat-32B-Rear-fog-light.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pictures of my tail light situation. Please have a look for me if you live across the water! I'm gonna guess the top position is dual filament.

Bulb tray

Housing

·
Registered
Passat B2 33b 1987 1.6TD 51kw
65 Posts
I have a euro 32b, but it didnt come factory with rear fog lights. I did some research and found out that the red part near the reverse light is the rear fog light. First i made that my brake light by connecting upper brake light to the bottom. So then i had upper red light as parking light and brake light, and the bottom as brake light. I installed fog light switch connected the front fog lights as a first click, and for the second click i added rear lights. One cable from switch to back bottom red part. You need 2 diodes one for not letting power from switch going to upper brake light (so when you turn on fog lights you dont turn on upper brake light) and second diode to not let power go from brake light bottom to front fog lights (when car turned off). So my rear lights are upper red part parking light and brake light, bottom red part brake light and fog light. When fog light is on you have upper red light as brake light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.