I could've been a contender.
Re: Passat - All Other Models Forum FAQs (jebglx)
|Quote, originally posted by corific »|
|I am new to this forum and thought maybe a newbie perspective might be helpful, my top ten faq's have been (vr6 related):|
1. What is that snow-cone looking screen thing in the airbox? Is is neccesary?
-Take it out or clean regularily, even take out the flap and cone from back side for better airflow and sound.
2. Small amounts of oil dripping from middle of car
-replace oil cooler seals, could be oil pan also
3. Fuel filter is under passenger wheel well, pull fuse 14?? and run car before
changing, get ready for some gas to come out.
4. Oil in intake boot (before throttle body), or/and up and down idling.
-related to crankcase ventilation , clean often or get a breather
(do search in archive for oil breather)
5. Best oil = Mobil 1 (grade depending on location and season), Filter = Mann (drop in type, canister direct center in front of motor, black thing with large nut on bottom, small allen-key plug in center)
6. Plug wire puller tool needed to get plug wires out. Some may have one
attached to hood support (I didn't)
7. Best plugs = NGK , no champion!!!! (for any car)
8. Coolant leaks
-Check around reservoir bottle, hoses and bottle itself
-Flush and fill with G11 or G12 from VW dealer (dexcool?)
-Get that Green S*** out of there asap if you have it
9. Timing chains - tensionner bad = mucho damage, VR6
10. Heater core - fragile, can re-route hoses going into firewall for temporary fix. VW may reimburse for repair (check archive search).
Hope this is of use to newer people on the forum.