VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody,

I would like to share something I was looking here for a long time and I didn't find so I had to engage the service of a pro for a charge of 40 euro :)

Here it goes...
You need to have the followings:

a. the folding mirrors option installed installed on your car (obviously)
b. the VCDS interface from Ross-Tech (with the latest software release, or so) + the laptop (or whatever you use for the usb end).

Once you connect with your laptop to the interface here are the steps:

1. Select "Door Elect, Driver" - module 42

2. Click on: "Security Access - 16"

3. Insert the security code: 04354 and hit "Do it!"

4. Once you are again to the previous menu, click on "Adaptation - 10"

5. Here select the following channel: (9)-System_Parameter_0-System Parameter Byte8
(be patience to find the exact channel, it's quite a long list , but as a tip : it's in the second half of the list)

6. Once selected you will notice the old value which is 90.
Here you have to options for the new value before you click "Do it!":
a. 95 (which I've chosen) - will automatically fold your mirrors while holding the lock button and will unfold them when you turn on the engine.
b. 99 - will automatically fold your mirrors while holding the lock button and will unfold them when you open the driver door.

7. Next window simply click: "Yes".

8. Click "OK"

9. Please check the new value to be there , and "Go Back" and exit the program and disconnect the interface.

10. You are ready!

Now you can leave the inside mirror knob to the position you like (I prefer on "L") and do the trick from the remote control. :)
Here are also 2 videos with the final result:
https://youtu.be/N0Wkq_0rULM
https://youtu.be/bAwLndFQn8U

If you appreciate my post and you found it helpful for you, I won't mind a donation for a beer :)
here is my paypal address: [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi! Thank you so much for this contribution. I've tried on my MY2015 cc and my Chinese vcds 12.12. and doesn't works. I receibe an error when I put the new coding (95). Something like "You must put an Hexadecimal coding (for example FF). I'll buy a Chinese vcds 14.10, because the ross-tech one is too expensive only to do that. If I were able to activate I'll invite you to this beer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi! I did the trick! I had bought an updateable vcds with 14.12 vcds version to do it. Thank you!
You have in paypal a gift for your beer. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I followed these steps on my 2011 CC with genuine HEX+USB CAN but it didn't worked. :confused:
I tried to do it on a CC, I don't know what year was, and wasn't able to activate it. The door module doesn't accept adaptations. Reference 1t0.
I did it with vcds 14.10.2

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just found out the after doing this, when I hold my unlock button, drivers windows goes down and by holding lock button, it goes back up. ;)

I want to do auto folding side mirrors, need advise.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just found out the after doing this, when I hold my unlock button, drivers windows goes down and by holding lock button, it goes back up.

I want to do auto folding side mirrors, need advise.
I just changed the value back to 90 just to make sure if I accidently activated the drivers windows up and down feature with holding lock/unlock button and it still works. It still works so I guess what I did made no change.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone who can explain why autofolding didn't worked on my CC?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Do you have activated the bit which enable to still having supply for the doors after they were opened? Is the only I think...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do you have activated the bit which enable to still having supply for the doors after they were opened? Is the only I think...

I did exactly as original post says. How did you made your work? I don't know which bit you are talking about.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
I followed these steps on my 2011 CC with genuine HEX+USB CAN but it didn't worked. :confused:
Can you post a VCDS scan of your 42 Address? Only GEN4 door control module support this feature.

For example:
Address 42: Door Elect, Driver (J386) Labels: 3C0-959-70X-GEN4.clb
Part No SW: 561 959 701 A HW: 3C0 959 793

1 - 20 of 121 Posts