VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with the chrome reflecting the sun back into their eyes while driving? Not to mention that it picks up finger prints like crazy. This has been happening to me quite a bit lately and its one of the only things that is bothering me about my wagon. Is there an alternative surround available that can be installed? I guess I would want to switch the ashtray door as well since it has a chrome accent on it that blends with the shifter surround.

My interior also has the brushed aluminum dashboard accents and often times I get them shining right back into my eyes. I am not a big fan of the woodgrain look, so is there anything else out there that I could replace all this with?

Thanks for any advice.

· Registered
107 Posts
I've got the problem as well in my 2010, lot of glare from the shift surround. Hoping that a nice 5% tint along the top of the windshield will cut back on glare, otherwise... I'm also in the market for a solution

· Registered
82 Posts
I've been looking for a solution as well. I considered wrapping it with 3M silver carbon fiber Di Noc. I also thought about sanding it with ultra fine sandpaper to give it a brushed aluminum look, but I'm afraid that would ruin it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.