VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Passat R Line Tourmaline Blue / 2018 Passat R Line White
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought all R-lines came with sunroof's....everyone ive seen or saw for sale did..except my wifes new 2018 R-Line doesnt.

Maybe they UNINSTALLED HERS......but yeah.....damn..no sunroof...she not into them anyways but I like em......

It has the darker Grey wheels....with White...NICE. with Beige leatherette interior..the big plus for her is the CD Player. and heated seats for a good 2nd

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 2018 doesn't have a sunroof either which kinda sucks haha
so they musta uninstalled yours too. wow. Hmmm again every one ive seen for sale lately and what not had one so I expected this to...but nope....I was a little shocked...she said she doesnt like em anyways.....but whatever..ok I was mistaken.
so there are more out there without em.....

·
Registered
2018 Passat GT, 2012 Tiguan S
349 Posts
I intentionally try to avoid them, but on the nicer cars I tend to drive anymore it's not easy. You can have mine LOL.

Reactions: no_pulp

·
Registered
170 Posts
NO. The 2018 VW Passat R-Line in the USA was an "appearance package" just 1 step above the base model, and the sunroof was Not a standard item. The trim levels that year were: S, R-Line, SE, SE with Techno Package, SEL and GT.

In 2019, VW reduced the Passat lineup and only offered 2 trim levels: Wolfsburg and SE R-Line, which Did include a standard sunroof.

Here are a couple of links to check standard vs optional items for 2018:

·
Premium Member
2018 Passat R-line
6 Posts
NO. The 2018 VW Passat R-Line in the USA was an "appearance package" just 1 step above the base model, and the sunroof was Not a standard item. The trim levels that year were: S, R-Line, SE, SE with Techno Package, SEL and GT.

In 2019, VW reduced the Passat lineup and only offered 2 trim levels: Wolfsburg and SE R-Line, which Did include a standard sunroof.

Here are a couple of links to check standard vs optional items for 2018:

great info!

·
Registered
'17 Passat 3.6L V6 SEL-P Fortana Red
228 Posts
The Passat R-Line debuted with the '16 MY refresh. As pointed out above, it did not receive a sunroof until '19. FWIW, here's the sunroof line-up for the '20's and '21's:

'20's: S Not Avail..
SE Opt.,
R-Line Std.,
SEL Std.

'21's: S Not Avail.,
SE Std.,
R-Line Std.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
interesting to know..I sorta thought the R line was between SE and SEL but shows what I know........

·
Registered
170 Posts
Too bad the VW Passat is dead (in the USA). . . "Long Live Passat". It would have been amazing if VW released their 2022 limited edition model with ALL the latest bells and whistles -- the MQB digital cockpit, a supersized infotainment screen, a premium "SEL" interior (or better yet, use Audi A6 materials), 37 MPG fuel economy. . . and only offer 2 or 3 swan song paint colors, simliar to the Tiguan's "Habanero Orange".

·
Registered
263 Posts
...It would have been amazing if VW released their 2022 limited edition model with ALL the latest bells and whistles -- the MQB digital cockpit, a supersized infotainment screen, a premium "SEL" interior (or better yet, use Audi A6 materials), 37 MPG fuel economy. . . and only offer 2 or 3 swan song paint colors, simliar to the Tiguan's "Habanero Orange".
Would've been amazing, but would've been somewhat like giving plastic surgery to the corpse before you put it in the casket.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Too bad the VW Passat is dead (in the USA). . . "Long Live Passat". It would have been amazing if VW released their 2022 limited edition model with ALL the latest bells and whistles -- the MQB digital cockpit, a supersized infotainment screen, a premium "SEL" interior (or better yet, use Audi A6 materials), 37 MPG fuel economy. . . and only offer 2 or 3 swan song paint colors, simliar to the Tiguan's "Habanero Orange".
Would be impossible. All the latest electronics require the MQB platform. It's one of the reasons we got the poverty Passat (NMS) instead of the B8. It was cheaper to stay on the old PQ35/46 platform.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Would be impossible. All the latest electronics require the MQB platform. It's one of the reasons we got the poverty Passat (NMS) instead of the B8. It was cheaper to stay on the old PQ35/46 platform.
Yes, I understand. It was just a dream. Otherwise, they would have rolled out a new platform and continued the Passat line.

Would've been amazing, but would've been somewhat like giving plastic surgery to the corpse before you put it in the casket.
Ummm. . . So you attended my Grandma's funeral. :)

·
Registered
'17 Passat 3.6L V6 SEL-P Fortana Red
228 Posts
interesting to know..I sorta thought the R line was between SE and SEL but shows what I know........
Qualls is right. The R-Line has always been an appearance package to glam up the base Passat. Check out the original Passat lineup for the '16 MY refresh:

Fourteen different Passat trims. Three different engines. Two different transmissions. And, two different R-Line trims. Ah, those were the days..... (Oops. Make that eight trims and two engines. And, three trannys, if you count the 6 speed manual that would've been on the two TDI R-Lines. RIP, TDI's.) And, RIP Passats, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts