VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have no TMV to check, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a TDI Passat wagon recently. These seem to be pretty rare, but there are some incentives on them currently. Wife and I are talking about replacing the gas guzzling Pathfinder (although it is nice) with a Passat wagon.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Re: Passat TDI Wagons (no edmunds info)- Anyone purchase recently? HOw much? (chippervw)

The VCI APR probably won't be that stellar compared to standard Passats, but the current incentices (Owner Loyalty and Dealer Cash) should still apply (I believe up to $2000).
Pricing will be based off MSRP, and not invoice as with other Passats - you can probably get $500 off before you apply the incentives.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Passat TDI Wagons (006)

Quote, originally posted by 006 »
The VCI APR probably won't be that stellar compared to standard Passats, but the current incentices (Owner Loyalty and Dealer Cash) should still apply (I believe up to $2000).
Pricing will be based off MSRP, and not invoice as with other Passats - you can probably get $500 off before you apply the incentives.

Pricing is never based off MSRP when I buy a car. But thanks for the advice.
Anyone actually purchased one?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Re: Passat TDI Wagons (chippervw)

There is currently $750 in Dealer cash on the Passat Wagon TDI.
If you choose to take the special rate program, the $750 goes away, and there is 1.9% for up to 36 months, and 3.9% for 48-72 months.
Most of the ones we have sold have been between invoice and $500 over.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: Passat TDI Wagons (Corradodrvrfnd)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Passat TDI Wagons (VeeDubDriver)

Quote, originally posted by VeeDubDriver »

Hmmm.. OK. i'll check them out.
Thanks VeeDub.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Re: Passat TDI Wagons (Corradodrvrfnd)

Quote, originally posted by Corradodrvrfnd »
There is currently $750 in Dealer cash on the Passat Wagon TDI.
If you choose to take the special rate program, the $750 goes away, and there is 1.9% for up to 36 months, and 3.9% for 48-72 months.
Most of the ones we have sold have been between invoice and $500 over.

You must be kidding....
You should definitely advertise/post in tdiclub.com as members there are probably paying a lot more for thier TDI Passat

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Re: Passat TDI Wagons (lilredjettawagon)

Quote, originally posted by lilredjettawagon »

You must be kidding....
You should definitely advertise/post in tdiclub.com as members there are probably paying a lot more for thier TDI Passat

Maybe I should do that.

·
Banned
2,824 Posts
Re: Passat TDI Wagons (no edmunds info)- Anyone purchase recently? HOw much? (chippervw)

Quote, originally posted by chippervw »
Since I have no TMV to check, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a TDI Passat wagon recently. These seem to be pretty rare, but there are some incentives on them currently. Wife and I are talking about replacing the gas guzzling Pathfinder (although it is nice) with a Passat wagon.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

TDI passats are flying off the lot at MSRP in my area, If you get a 300 discount its a TREAT, take the deal

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: (martensvwguy)

I think it is a cool banner!

·
Registered
326 Posts
PASSAT TDI PRICING INFO AND INCENTIVES

I found PRICING AND INCENTIVES on cars.com -- info not yet posted at Edmunds:
http://research.cars.com/go/cr...ional
"Available Styles
Choose a style to load Equipment & Specs data
Starting MSRP
Invoice*
GL $21,780 $19,878
GL TDI $23,060 $21,137
GLS $23,380 $21,323
GLS TDI $24,660 $22,582
GLX $29,780 $27,105
W8 $38,660 $35,477
Destination Charge: $575"
Customer Rebates and Incentives: 0.9%/1.9%/3.9% APR up to 36/60/72 mos. (plus $1,000 if currently a Volkswagen owner); TDI: 1.9%/3.9% APR up to 36/72 mos. (plus $1,000 if currently a Volkswagen owner)
Thus, my offer to a dealer (as a current VW owner) on a GLS TDI Passat would be $21,907 at 1.9% (= invoice + destination - owner loyalty - 33% of dealer cash), which gives the dealer a nice, quick $500 profit (67% of dealer cash). Oh, and the bill of sale would itemize that selling price + TTL (**NO so-called dealer prep fees, etc.)

Hope this helps.

Modified by Towlie at 12:13 PM 6-13-2004

·
Banned
2,824 Posts
Re: PASSAT TDI PRICING INFO AND INCENTIVES (Towlie)

Quote, originally posted by Towlie »
I found PRICING AND INCENTIVES on cars.com -- info not yet posted at Edmunds:
http://research.cars.com/go/cr...ional
"Available Styles
Choose a style to load Equipment & Specs data
Starting MSRP
Invoice*
GL $21,780 $19,878
GL TDI $23,060 $21,137
GLS $23,380 $21,323
GLS TDI $24,660 $22,582
GLX $29,780 $27,105
W8 $38,660 $35,477
Destination Charge: $575"
Customer Rebates and Incentives: 0.9%/1.9%/3.9% APR up to 36/60/72 mos. (plus $1,000 if currently a Volkswagen owner); TDI: 1.9%/3.9% APR up to 36/72 mos. (plus $1,000 if currently a Volkswagen owner)
Thus, my offer to a dealer (as a current VW owner) on a GLS TDI Passat would be $21,907 at 1.9% (= invoice + destination - owner loyalty - 33% of dealer cash), which gives the dealer a nice, quick $500 profit (67% of dealer cash). Oh, and the bill of sale would itemize that selling price + TTL (**NO so-called dealer prep fees, etc.)

Hope this helps.

Modified by Towlie at 12:13 PM 6-13-2004

LOL! Passat TDI supply is SO far behind demand right now everywhere in the country. At my dealer we're sold out of '04 cars already and are taking order outs on '05's already. No discounts available on these cars, just owner loyalty and special financing if you qualify.

Modified by 4RCD3S4 at 3:04 PM 6-13-2004

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: PASSAT TDI PRICING INFO AND INCENTIVES (4RCD3S4)

That's your dealership. Certain dealers in my area are much better stocked and much more reasonable than others.
I bought two VWs in the last 2 years already -- I know the dealers who I believe deal most fairly.
Example: first dealer had an awesome showroom, seemed very customer-friendly, salesman had story about migrating from IT career, implication being he was not a "born" salesman, came across as someone really fair who you could trust. Went in armed with all then numbers, told him my offer range, and he replied with his best counter. He said maybe could come down a few hundred from that counteroffer -- but if I wanted to come down 1000, then forget about it - no way. So I went to another dealer who came down MORE than 1000, into the range of my offer. Made a sale.

Modified by Towlie at 1:15 PM 6-13-2004

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: PASSAT TDI PRICING INFO AND INCENTIVES (Towlie)

If you can get a better deal, then certainly do so. Things always vary regionally, and I can't speak for what's available in Texas. For the east coast, though, there simply aren't any Passat TDIs available.

·
Banned
2,824 Posts
Re: PASSAT TDI PRICING INFO AND INCENTIVES (martensvwguy)

Quote, originally posted by martensvwguy »
If you can get a better deal, then certainly do so. Things always vary regionally, and I can't speak for what's available in Texas. For the east coast, though, there simply aren't any Passat TDIs available.

Same here in Milwaukee. We sold out of our 2004s within 5 days of them hitting the dealership, all at MSRP. Same situation with the other guys in our region as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: PASSAT TDI PRICING INFO AND INCENTIVES (4RCD3S4)

Brown's VW in Richmond, VA is listing 7 Passat TDI Sedans in Stock. Brown VW Richmond, VA http://richvw.brownscar.com
Every dealer I have been to in NVA has TDI Passats, Fairfax, Mannassas, Springfield & Alexandria. The engine stumbling issue scared some potential buyers away and will definately affect the resale value once the consumer reviews start polling the owners on quality. Waiting for good diesel fuel in 2006. BTW Mercedes must be having issues too on the CDI....there are already numerous used ones on ebaymotors....what gives?

·
Registered
25 Posts

We just received our 04 GLS TDI Passat Wagon - we paid under MSRP for Wheat Beige Anthracite Leather setup. Wow, whutta difference from the TDI Jetta (2001) we had. Tiptronic is great! especially here in the hills of Puget Sound. Chaplins VW (Bellevue) ask for Roger. We also getting the 3M anti-chip treatment for the front end. We'll add the personal touches later. We paid 27K, which was under MSRP for the packages we were seeking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts