Re: Passat vs. Maxima (MiloLGJC)
FWIW: Been traveling a lot lately, and have been able to pick up a Maxima on a couple of occasions.
1. Cockpit is tight (as in uncomfortably snug, not as in "dat's ti-eeet") on the right side (I'm 6'8").
2. Accelerator and brake pedals too close (this is an automatic, folks
3. Interior finish...lots of monochromatic plastic, all you can eat.
4. Performance is very impressive. Smooth, immediate power; handles well.
5. Exterior is taking on that sport compact look with the round lenses (I know, like the 02 Passats).
All in all, I like driving the car, except for the right leg ergonomics; I just didn't like doing it in the daytime.
Just to compare, I got a Millenia the next week... what a stinkin' dog! It wasn't a Millenia S, but it was bad enough, that I wouldn't even rent one again, much less buy it.
 If you want to know, I was able to pick up both cars at Hertz. Might be worth the cost to get some good drive time in the Maxima. Haven't found anyone that rents VWs. [/edit]
[Modified by jhutton91, 11:40 PM 2-10-2002]