VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2003 Passat Wagon for my wife; she occasionally slides stuff across the bumper when loading the cargo area. I noticed she's scratching the top of the bumper; it would be nice if I could find some type of guard, either black rubber or polished stainless. Does such an accessory exist? I see them on SUV's. Perhaps I have to make a custom one??
Thanks for any info/suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Passat Wagon Bumper Gaurd (davedude)

I covered the entire front of my car and rear bumper with a clear stick-on vinyl product available at JC Whitney for $15 for a 6" by 15' roll. Can be applied like window tint, doesn't yellow and is very tough. My front end still looks new at 23000 miles. Product number is: 14-5497

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Passat Wagon Bumper Gaurd (cferrari)

We had exactly the same situation as we have a dawg, and I wanted a more 'finished' look to the car. I happened to see such an item, and kickplates for the doors, all in polished stainless steel, by the German car accessory company Kamei. These are made exactly to fit the B5 Variant,of course, and I hope you can get them where you are. It's good material, we're very pleased.
We got our full wood trim matching OEM from Exoticwooddash.com in America, so you ahould be able to do same in reverse to nicely finish your B5. What a great car! Fly away BMW and Mercedes (driven by horrible egotists or badly built respectively )!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: Passat Wagon Bumper Gaurd (cferrari)

If you have friends in Japan, you can get one. There were a very few GB on that thing, each took about two months to complete and was a major PITA for organizers (but I've got for both my VWs). This is how it looks on Golf (almost the same as on Passat), hope it works

You can look at Japanese Accessories starting here (and no, I don't speak Japanese but try going to cars, passat, accessories) http://www.vwj.co.jp/cars/carMain.html

Not sure it it helps, just my $0.02
Regards,
GreenG60

[Modified by GreenG60, 2:54 PM 1-29-2003]

[Modified by GreenG60, 2:55 PM 1-29-2003]

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Re: Passat Wagon Bumper Gaurd (GreenG60)

I got one somehow or another from a guy in vancouver (relatives went to japan) It was made for b5's and not b5.5s so the fit wasn't great but it did help, it was going to eventually come off because of the poor fit.....when I got rear ended it got cracked and I didn't bother to pull it off........I don't think they show it on the japan webpage anymore for the facelift wagons.......passat that is........
just my .02

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Re: Passat Wagon Bumper Gaurd (GreenG60)

I can only assume they are different because the part was about 1/8'' too deep and didnt connect at the sides very well, clearly not matching the bumper design on my particular car so I just figured it fit the older car.....
who knows, but they are hard to get and ened up costing me well over 100.00 for the part and to get it delivered and it wasn't a perfect fit.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.