VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the H&R cup kit about 3 months ago on my 01 1.8T. I like it a lot. Last Thursday I hit a pothole from hell (I wish the friggin city of Boston would fix these potholes those lazy bastard), pulled over to check out the condition of my tire and it looked allright (No noticeable dents or anything). Brought it home, removed the tire and found that it was rubbing against the strut. I took the car to NTB to have an alignment done (it was pulling to the left). They say that they fixed it, but the rim is still rubbing against the strut. Can anyone think of what could be wrong? The rims are 17X8 and they never rubbed before. I want a first opinion before taking it to the dealer.

· Registered
31 Posts
Re: Passenger front wheel is rubbing against strut, Help!! (masvr6)

I wonder if you bent something? You might have the dealer look at it - I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you new parts! I remember hearing about an MR2 loosing a front control arm, which proceeded to punch a hole in his tire (which then turned sideways, forcing him off the road.) Moral: be safe!
Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.