VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and all I came up with was how to remove the driver's side panel, which I already know how to remove.
Do I remove it the same way? Does the grab handle come apart like on the driver's side?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Re: Passenger side door panel removal!! 2001 Jetta: Urgent (OutrGarage)

From what I remember from browsing my Bentley, the outside of the grab handle can be pried off with a small screwdriver. There's probably a screw or two in there. Other than that, I think the removal is the same as the driver's side...
nimhrat

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Passenger side door panel removal!! 2001 Jetta: Urgent (Bora Bighead)

Thanks I got the door panel off. I always have the most trouble with the stupid grab handles.
The reason I had to take the panel off is because the speaker in the door keeps cutting in and out. I checked the wiring harness and that doesn't seem to be the problem.
However, when I push slightly on the cone of the speaker, it turns on and off (cuts in and out). Do you think my speaker is shot? The tweeter at the top of the door is working fine.
Hmmmmmm!
I can't figure it out. Looks like a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Re: Passenger side door panel removal!! 2001 Jetta: Urgent (Bora Bighead)

Same as driver's side. As nimrat said, you can pry out the outer part of the handle with a flat screwdriver. There are two large star screws in there. The rest is all the same (three hex screws on bottom, three pull-out plugs on each side, and star screw underneath the tweeter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.