VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So my 2014 golf has three blown airbags as well as locked seat belts after a very mild accident, my first question is.... can the seat belts be fixed or they need to be replaced??

The other question is can airbags from a golf 6 2012 model be used on my golf 7 2014 model...
Computer Personal computer Output device Gadget Font
Computer Personal computer Output device Gadget Font

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch
957 Posts
How is it the wrong forum?? The car he is asking about is a 2014 Golf which is a MK7 everywhere else.

To answer the op's questions, I don't believe that the airbag components from a MK6 and 7 are the same. You would need to find another 2014 Golf as a donor.

Kind of a funny story about when I tried to replace my steering wheel in my Golf TDI. Here in the US, the Passat and Golf share an identical steering wheel. Same buttons, trim, shape everything. I blindly purchased the Passat wheel thinking that my Golf's airbag would fit in no problem, I was wrong and it was a completely different backing plate and airbag, which would not become apparent, until I had the current steering wheel off. That was a waste of $600 dollars, as the company had a no refund policy and ebay and the seller would not budge... Thankfully, I was able to sell it and get most of my money back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is it the wrong forum?? The car he is asking about is a 2014 Golf which is a MK7 everywhere else.

To answer the op's questions, I don't believe that the airbag components from a MK6 and 7 are the same. You would need to find another 2014 Golf as a donor.

Kind of a funny story about when I tried to replace my steering wheel in my Golf TDI. Here in the US, the Passat and Golf share an identical steering wheel. Same buttons, trim, shape everything. I blindly purchased the Passat wheel thinking that my Golf's airbag would fit in no problem, I was wrong and it was a completely different backing plate and airbag, which would not become apparent, until I had the current steering wheel off. That was a waste of $600 dollars, as the company had a no refund policy and ebay and the seller would not budge... Thankfully, I was able to sell it and get most of my money back.
Thanks really appreciate your answers... This means a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts