VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a former Passat AOM regular i saw this pic taken by one of our local club members at Dubs on the Lake and thought i'd pass it on.

Don't know what to think of it personaly, i think i like the concept. Didn't know if it was anyones car on here.
Alex

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (violentveedub)

It that wood grain on the side??
That's hideous! Sorry.
And the stick-out deep-dish wheels are http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif IMHO. Imagine hitting bumps and the mangled fenders that would have to be fixed constantly. Been there, even with "regular" wheels. Don't need that.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (tdimeister)

To each his own, I guess. I think it looks pretty cool. Not something I'd do to my car, but cool none the less.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (Hindenburg)

An interesting concept, but I bought a Passat instead of a Buick Roadmaster..... Seems like a step back.

Maybe if they added some surfboards on top they could claim retro Woodie style.
I also agree on the gag factor of the deep dish wheels.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Personally, I think it's great that a Vdubber try something new. I believe that is what makes the vortex one of the most appealing sites. As I purchased my VW because I used to just surf this site with one of my VDub buddies.
Heh! If you love your VW with the "station wagon" look I say http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to you for your vision.
That's just my personal thoughts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (Stayinyoung)

It's been so long since I've seen the other b3 woodie that i cant say for sure if it's the same one, but I know the owner of the one I saw some time ago did it to be funny, the b3 wagon was his "beater" vw, so he wanted to be funny with it.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (B4Passat)

Quote, originally posted by B4Passat »

I think its cool simply because it mocks the large american boats..

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (WannaCorrado)

Hahaha! I remember that thread or one like it. It was kinda a caption this pic thread, that if I remember right ended up locked!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (Wrenhaven)

i am good friends with that guy....if you knew him you would understand! that is his play car, he also has a new beetle that has been in a full feature article in PVW a little over a year ago or so. he is a true v-dubber at heart!

·
Banned
976 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (2.0Lilpat)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0Lilpat »
i am good friends with that guy....if you knew him you would understand! that is his play car, he also has a new beetle that has been in a full feature article in PVW a little over a year ago or so. he is a true v-dubber at heart!

yeah the beetle was featured a few times, and seems to always get a sneak picture. This thing is LOW! very hillarious. The rest of you guys need to get a sense of humor
Whats even better is the truck style air horn... w00000t w00000t!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and have a

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (D bot)

reminds me of this car, which i think is great , and as for the p-wagon woody i d rock it! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (2.0Lilpat)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0Lilpat »

Any chance of getting more pics of this wagon? i think the woody looks pretty cool. Mainly because it's different. No one else does this, and that makes it unique.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Re: Passing it on.... (iamsuperdan)

That's my boy Scottie Bee's ride, he's a legend in his own mind!
This car was a joke, now it's his daily. One of 7 dubs in his possession.

·
Registered
286 Posts

hey all,!!
bee here.
i put this car together to set an example. to show that we need not all be so uptight . i do take our vw shows seriously, at the same time i enjoy laughing it up and hope to put others in thee same mood. "THE WOODY" is simply a joke that hopefully will inspire others to loosen up. thanks to those who gave positive feed back on it and to those who ridiculed it, I HOPE YOU GET A SPLINTER!!! LOL!! -scottie bee p.s. anyone got a can of pledge, i am all out!!

·
Registered
286 Posts

trying to put up pix ?

Modified by b-double-e at 3:50 AM 5-31-2004

Modified by b-double-e at 4:00 AM 5-31-2004

1 - 20 of 23 Posts