VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the new finishlines form patec and i need to know what to do with the things out of the box before i pout them on the car, i got these from dynamic so i got the package with the strut mounts and berings and such for it i just need to know whre all this goes, how much to screw down the top nut, etc...thanks guys, i really dont want to get flamed here and i have searched....doing this soon so asap please thanks

· Registered
7,441 Posts
Re: (nappent)

Quote, originally posted by nappent »
Not really sure what you said... but the next thing to do is

to look at a pic of a bunny with a pancake on his head

· Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what i am asking is how much of the thread on the coilovers do i thread the nut down onto bc they are at the top and i know for sure that there is supposed to be threads exposed to be able to go throuhg the towers....

· Registered
2,288 Posts
Re: (sxracer001)

Quote, originally posted by sxracer001 »
what i am asking is how much of the thread on the coilovers do i thread the nut down onto bc they are at the top and i know for sure that there is supposed to be threads exposed to be able to go throuhg the towers....

still....

but im gonna help you out, my advice, use the the spell checker, use grammer to an extent that we can understand what you are saying. Im not sure whether your talking about coilover height and strength? or the top front strut bolt.. in i think theres no specifc torque specs for it.
http://www.zpipedragon.com/Hom...n.htm
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=773374

· Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is probably my fault as to why no one knows what im trying to ask lol....when you open the box and tak one of the coilovers out, they have an aluminum cap at the top with one or two strut nuts on there. they are at the end of the threads on the rod that goes in and out (wow) and i dont know what to do with them, how far to thread them on, etc. maybe that will help

Modified by sxracer001 at 5:51 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright quation number one after getting these installed on the car, are the helper springs supposed to be compressed all the way with the car on the ground?? also, what order do the parts go on the front suspension with the B version parts, i just want to make sure i put these together right. thanks...thanks

· Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont have ability to i just need to know if the helper springs on them get compressed all the way when the cra is down and what the reason for this is, bc they are compressed all the way on all 4 corners....

· Registered
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok bigggg PROBLEM, but my suspension on the right way and went to have it aligned today and they couldnt do it, my camber in the front is so far off (top of tire cocked in) that they coulnt even get it within spec....they said i need to elongate the holes or get a camber kit for it.....wtf is going on....nobody else seems to have this problem

· Registered
6,456 Posts
Re: (sxracer001)

Your helper springs should be fully compressed when the car is on the ground. If you crank the coilovers up (close to stock height), then there is also a chance that the helper springs will be fully compressed at all times.
As far as the alignment, you should still be able to get it close to stock specs. There is usually enough adjustment even in stock struts for ±a few degrees of adjustment, maybe you should consider taking it to another alignment shop. If you want to buy camber bolts anyway, they're about $30 and you can get them at http://www.nopi.com.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.