VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
26,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a friend, she came to me with paypal questions because I told her about the service. But I have no idea how to help her.
She bought an Item on e-bay, paid for it immediately after she won the auction(over a week ago). The Seller said they would ship asap as she was in a hurry. Now she just found out it shipped today. She wants to cancel her payment ect. and refuse the delivery. The seller won't respond to e-mails, and has no contact #.
Any help?
TIA

Modified by Salty D at 9:00 AM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
15,945 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (Salty D)

She gonna get the product now. an auction is a contract, it says dont bid if you dont want it. although shipper didnt ship immediately, its now on its way. I'm thinking your friend is SOL

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (brelvis25)

most likely paypal wont help on a situation like this they only step in when you pay and don't get the product. and shipped in a week is pretty common for stuff i have bought. even if they say they will ship the next day it usually take 4-5 bussiness days for someone to ship

·
Registered
6,941 Posts

hehe
talk to shawn about this one....
actually, iirc, since she is getting it within 30days, PP isn't likely to do anything for her

·
Banned
26,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Paypal questions... (PDX Cabby)

LOL already thought about talking to shawn, but he is probably still hungover

·
Banned
4,164 Posts

Her only recourse is to leave a negative feedback at ebay when/if the item arrives.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (highme)

Quote, originally posted by highme »
Her only recourse is to leave a negative feedback at ebay when/if the item arrives.

exactly, just have her leave negative feedback saying that it took a week to ship.
the seller could've run into some pressing time issues or had a family energency or something like that

·
Banned
6,742 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (highme)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Quote, originally posted by highme »

·
Registered
901 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (hndaklr)

That still wouldn't be cool to leave neg feedback for something that shipped out within a week... That's your normal turnaround time... If it took 2-3weeks before the seller shipped it out that would be hella messed up and would call for neg feedback. as for not wanting what she won and paid for... tell her to resell it...

·
Banned
26,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Paypal questions... (.xXx.)

Quote, originally posted by .xXx. »
That still wouldn't be cool to leave neg feedback for something that shipped out within a week... That's your normal turnaround time... If it took 2-3weeks before the seller shipped it out that would be hella messed up and would call for neg feedback. as for not wanting what she won and paid for... tell her to resell it...

she wanted it if it would be shipped the next day. and that was expressed to the seller. They said no problem. Then a week past with no response from seller, now they replied with we have just sent it...
She wants the item, just wanted it already, not having to wait. It was supposed to be a birthday gift. Now the day has already past.
I guess she is SOL.
But bad feedback about a seller not following through as agreed, I think would fall under a reasonable thing to provide

Modified by Salty D at 3:48 PM 7-1-2003

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (.xXx.)

Quote, originally posted by .xXx. »

Maybe it's normal turnaround time if you're lazy and don't hold up to agreements that you make saying you'll ship right away. But where I come from when you say you'll do something, you do it, or face the consequences.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (scarywoody)

HAHAH I remember finding one one these!!! I submitted a photo to Leno Headlines as they are always looking for out of the ordinary items! Then I broke it accidentally. Looks like Jeff is going on an animal cracker diet to search for one of these!

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (egecko)

You could always just put neutral feedback. That way you aren't incredibly pissed (well, in this cases your friend probably is) but your also not dissatisfied wuth the product - but you just weren't impressed.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (exitsleeper)

SCrew that! If I asked for next day shipping and I was told by them it will be done and it wasn't! I would be placing negative feedback on that fools profile!!! I am on ebay a lot and I just got some cool stuff. This the the latest item I bought from there. Produced in '46 and recalled a short time later!

Modified by egecko at 6:03 PM 7-1-2003

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Re: Paypal questions... (egecko)

Quote, originally posted by egecko »
SCrew that! If I asked for next day shipping and I was told by them it will be done and it wasn't! I would be placing negative feedback on that fools profile!!! I am on ebay a lot and I just got some cool stuff. This the the latest item I bought from there. Produced in '46 and recalled a short time later!
Modified by egecko at 6:03 PM 7-1-2003

Oh.. okay, I misread - then yes, if you didn't get what was promised, then I agree with giving them negative feedback. The crappy thing is that you have to hope they don't give you negative feedback as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts