VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Re: PCV Fix in the TSI (ShippensburgGTi)

I hear yah,
Just picked up an 08 wolfie and have been reading all the FSI threads and want to do the PVC mod and the DV too

· Registered
1,974 Posts
Re: PCV Fix in the TSI (DBlock06)

I would highly suggest not just throwing random parts at a car just because you read about it on the forum. If its not broke don't fix it. Plus did anybody even check to see if the pcv or the dv on the new engine is the same part that fails on the older engines or is a new or totally revised part? Just food for thought so you don't start wasting money on stuff that you don't have to.

· Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: PCV Fix in the TSI (Chupathingy)

Quote, originally posted by Chupathingy »
.....Plus did anybody even check to see if the pcv or the dv on the new engine is the same part that fails on the older engines or is a new or totally revised part?

same part.

· Registered
2,810 Posts
Re: PCV Fix in the TSI (ShippensburgGTi)

Quote, originally posted by ShippensburgGTi »

same part.

so then in theory, buy Eurojet's PCV fix for 70 bucks as preventative maintenance and throw it on, however, are the late 07/early 08 guys still having problems with PCV's? i was under the impression that 06 guys had the problems since the PCV's have been revised a couple times since then

· Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: PCV Fix in the TSI ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
You guys need to relax! I've never blown a PCV or DV and I'm not quite 'stock' either. If it's not broken, don't try fixing it.

good call...that's what i was thinking about doing.
especially after reading that locked thread about that guy who did a huge write up of the stock DV vs Forge when running higher boost.
pretty interesting stuff.

· Registered
3,173 Posts
three years later; i'm pretty sure the PCV is going on my car.
it's running like ****....the root of my gas mileage problems.

:waves fist:
So replaec it and see if that fixes it , or maybe go with Forge's CC and delete the PCV wit hthe "Africa" plate

· Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So replaec it and see if that fixes it , or maybe go with Forge's CC and delete the PCV wit hthe "Africa" plate
Does the eurojet PCV fix for the FSI work on our cars? i don't think it does from what i've seen, and I can't find any other PCV fixes (outside of ECS's revisions). The catch can junk is a $300 option i'm trying to avoid.

/broke college grad paying loans back for eternity.

· Registered
3,173 Posts
None of the other PCV solutions work for our cars as the PCV is a complete revamp from the FSI motor.

The TSI motors arent plagued wit hthe same problems as the FSI PCV so nobody else has made a fix for it. Forge will probably be the only company that will create a PCV delete for our cars.

You could talk to someone who installed the Forge CC t osee if you can buy their stock PCV or maybe checkout the threads that part out wrecked cars.
Im sure you will be bound to find a PCV that way.

· Registered
2,810 Posts
Ship FYI if you find it is a PCV/carbon build up problem I would definitely look into professionally getting those valves cleaned up, then installing a Forge CC so you can get the true benefits of a PCV delete :)

I'm subbed on your other thread too, I know you've had problems for a couple months now I'm hoping you get it sorted!

· Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It boggles my mind how VW hasn't officially acknowledged the problem with some sort of solution or work around. I feel bad for the people who have no clue about these cars (not that i know a lot) and what can happen which will lead to them spending money to fix it when it comes to that point.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
It boggles my mind how VW hasn't officially acknowledged the problem with some sort of solution or work around. I feel bad for the people who have no clue about these cars (not that i know a lot) and what can happen which will lead to them spending money to fix it when it comes to that point.
please explain, what exactly is the problem you are speaking of with the TSI engine ?

VW's new TSI does not have PCV or DV problems. Also carbon buildup is significantly less with this engine model.

so unless I missed something please explain .?

· Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
21,564 Posts
please explain, what exactly is the problem you are speaking of with the TSI engine ?

VW's new TSI does not have PCV or DV problems. Also carbon buildup is significantly less with this engine model.

so unless I missed something please explain .?
the CCTA/CBFA engine DOES have DV issues. Having a CCTA/CBFA does not guarantee having the piston DV from the factory. In fact, people have discovered their TSI's coming with the diaphram DV.

Carbon buildup still happens, there have been threads documenting this.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Funny. Dealer already replaced my PCV on my TSI Wolfie @ around 30K miles. I was having a lot of check engine lights so maybe they thought it was best to just replace it under warranty. Then two weeks ago I had my intake manifold flap replaced...once again because of the dreaded check engine light at 34K miles.

Glad I bought it as a CPO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.