VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting a constant P1127. VagCom reads my numbers are out of spec, only at idle, and it was BARELY off, so my "leak" is coming from right after my throttle body. Checked, but found no leaks, so my next area to check is the PCV flow, since the MAF, plugs, wires, district/cab, filter, coolant temp sensor, etc is new.

Previous owner installed a BFI valve cover, with the two bungs. Had a line running from the crank case, to one of the bungs on the valve cover, and another line from the intake, after the MAF, into the second bung on the valve cover.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
What year and engine code? Blocking the CCV system is definitely not advisable.

Post the Vag-Com scan and logs, so we have something to go on here. My VCDS has never said the words "out of spec" or "barely off" to me. If you've got real data, post it up :p

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I bought the vehicle modified, unfortunately. The P1127 came on a couple weeks after I bought new O2 sensors

And no, I don't have logs on it. A friend scanned it on his Vag-Com, and that's the conclusion he came up with

I've also bought new plugs, maf, coolant temp sensor, cap / distributor.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
What kind of O2 sensors did you install? You should be using direct-fit Bosch.

Logs are going to be key here, it will tell us exactly how rich the car is running. A vacuum leak or ccv problem isn't going to cause a rich code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.