VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All PDX dubbers,
is there anything going on int the area in late Dec or early Jan. Drives or GTG's.
I will be home for Christmas and New Years tearing up the town in my GLX which I havn't driven in a year. I will probably stop by Matrix to talk to them about my future plans. Other than that I just want to get some dub culture.
Anyone know a shop I can get a rear strut bar mounted?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: PDX area late Dec (pdxvento)

Over here you get flotation curtains from the dealer, but I picked up a set of H&R's
that let the GLX sit 1' lower in the water for better handling and they have anti dive systems to replace the antilock brakes

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
i'll be home, but new years is going to be up in seattle.
How about something between christmas and new years? Maybe a cruise or hitup downtown or something...
I'd say bbq, but that would be the cali blood in me thinking that the NW actually gets SUN in dec and jan.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: PDX area late Dec (Slapshotnerd)

we could still have a BBQ... how many people board or ski?! think most of us have gear that'll keep us warm for a bbq...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: PDX area late Dec (BKVR6)

Hey that would sound like a cool idea. I've missed so many Volkswagen get togethers I starting to get withdrawls.

Oh and with the strut bar, try www.futrellautowerks.com
quote:[HR][/HR]Anyone know a shop I can get a rear strut bar mounted?[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Anyone know a shop I can get a rear strut bar mounted?[HR][/HR]​
Matrix can probably mount the bar for you... though I don't know if they are willing... depending on their schedule.
Hillside can probably do it as well... probably more likely to do it.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: PDX area late Dec (Paul)

im sure there is more than a few willing individuals since we are all a family and its CHRISTMAS TIME! theres usually atleast one person who knows what they are doing and is willing to help you do it for free.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I don't know what everyone's work schedule is butt lets start throughing some dates out. the way we did em in Colorado would be have a drive then link up at a Dubbers house for some food and stuff or have the drive and meet at a resturant. This way we can drive dubs eat good food and just have a good Dub day.
How about Sat the 29th Dec? In between the holidays Nothing left to do but clean up and pay bills.
I think this might be the best day for those with family commitments and it does't get into the New year Mess.
Any Ideas? I can work with the dated But as for the Drive and food I don't know much about PDX havn't been there in years.
Just need someone to set the date and plan the route.

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: PDX area late Dec (EchoOfGecko)

i'm down for the 29th. I wont have the dub though, so i'll need a ride if we go for a drive. Peppy? Ben? Salty?

·
Banned
26,608 Posts

I may actually be driving my own car then
and BBQ is always good Jacob. I do it rain or snow too

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: PDX area late Dec (Salty D)

if you cant drivbe, maybe you can let me drive the wagen for ya. Wouldn't want to leave the wagen at home all alone.

·
Registered
825 Posts

I'm down for whatever my car is looking liek shyt and bucket as hell but screw it im down and i';ll drive the stealth bytch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts