VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped using my 95 vr6 with ABS brakes for a couple of weeks, and during my first drive immediately I noticed the brake pedal was lower than before, so I added brake fluid and the level came back to normal. The problem now is that sometimes while braking the pedal goes down and I need to pump once or twice to have it firm. With the car standing still is worst, if I keep pressing it keeps going down.
The ABS system does the checking routine when I start the car and the light goes off a couple of seconds later detecting no problem at all apparently.
Do you guys have any idea what would be the problem? Is it possible it could be the clutch?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pedal going down when pressed (Banditt007)

Thanks for the answer
Being an hydraulic clutch I thought there might be a possible reason. I'm going to bleed the lines to see if it helps. I hope is that or a leak I haven't noticed, because if the ABS unit is shot it's going to be hell of expensive to have it fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.