VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From all the news of those putting down a deposit on 2016 models, sounds like you guys and girls will be paying more than the (very least) "pre-order" people.

Before you come up with "my dealer is giving it to me for invoice...", that's what a lot of dealers did with pre-ordering and then back-tracked because let's face it, most of them are scum and could see potentially more $ as opposed to customer service. You don't have the "I'll change my dealer delivery" card either so putting down a deposit locks you in a battle with others that have done the same.

The other thing is, I doubt you'll see any 2016s anytime soon (before November? I doubt it very much) and I wonder what the breakdown of the DSG versus Manual is (which makes it even more tricky considering that you have base and loaded). Even if your dealer does get four, what is the chances that it has the one you exactly want? Sure, you may be able to actually order it to spec but you definitely won't be getting a deal (unless you "know someone") when ordering to spec.

Please discuss. I'm genuinely interested.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Well, that may be true in most of the US, but at the dealership in Boise, she gave me a contract in writing how much under invoice I will pay. She said anyone I refer, they will get a minimum of $500 below msrp, and order the car to whatever they want.

For those who want more info, pm me and I will give you all the info you need to get the deal you want and the car you want.

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
41,845 Posts
From all the news of those putting down a deposit on 2016 models, sounds like you guys and girls will be paying more than the (very least) "pre-order" people.
Why on Earth would you assume that? You have nothing to base this on. :sly:

Before you come up with "my dealer is giving it to me for invoice...", that's what a lot of dealers did with pre-ordering and then back-tracked because let's face it, most of them are scum and could see potentially more $ as opposed to customer service. You don't have the "I'll change my dealer delivery" card either so putting down a deposit locks you in a battle with others that have done the same.
You can specifically order a 2016 car. With the limited number of 2015 cars it was , "we'll put your name on a list and as allotment comes in you get first dibs when your name comes up."

The other thing is, I doubt you'll see any 2016s anytime soon (before November? I doubt it very much) and I wonder what the breakdown of the DSG versus Manual is (which makes it even more tricky considering that you have base and loaded). Even if your dealer does get four, what is the chances that it has the one you exactly want? Sure, you may be able to actually order it to spec but you definitely won't be getting a deal (unless you "know someone") when ordering to spec.

Again you are assuming that the 2016 cars are only available by dealer allotment when (supposedly) actual buyer-specific orders are being submitted for 2016 cars.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Roll forward to Spring 2016, if you are ready to travel a bit cars.com will take you to the ones sitting on dealer lots, same story since the R32, a little patience can save you a lot.

I believe VWOA will put out more 6MT Rs in 2016 simply because corporate will have to prove to themselves better than the Focus RS, another German hot hatch.

Also I can put money down and bet that the 8" navigation will come, for the same reason as above, see the GLI press announcement in the FAQs.

·
Banned
53,531 Posts
.....Again you are assuming that the 2016 cars are only available by dealer allotment when (supposedly) actual buyer-specific orders are being submitted for 2016 cars.
All vehicles for the dealer are by an allocation given by VW. This applies to dealer orders or customer orders. All need an allocation to be available.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This can't happen because...
Nobody with any sense orders a car from a dealer (or selects a dealer in a preorder situation) without a buyer/dealer agreement in writing first.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I'm not putting in a deposit until I have an order. But yeah, the pre-order was a special case where the owners had a right to buy the car, AND the right to pick a dealer.. so they had the advantage of being able to price-shop.

I don't know. My dealer says they don't do markups and won't do it on the R. We'll see. I don't particularly care about paying MSRP or a little bit less, in the scheme of things it's not that big a deal, and I'm not gonna travel hundreds of miles to save $500. But I won't pay a penny of markup, and I'm happy to travel to buy the car at a fair price.

Canadian 2016s will arrive in July or August at the latest. We'll see how that tracks with the US. As for it being "tricky" to get the config you want, if anything, the R has far fewer options than most cars.

If the dealership wants to sell me a car, they'll find a way of getting what I want. If not, I'll go somewhere else. It doesn't seem complicated. If you want an R, today, you could get one.
When the 2016s are out, same thing will apply. If you want one, you'll be able to get it.

·
Banned
53,531 Posts
I'm not putting in a deposit until I have an order....When the 2016s are out, same thing will apply. If you want one, you'll be able to get it....
How does your selected dealer hold places in their allocation queue with out a deposit? If you want to order a vehicle and receive it very early, you need to be in the front of their allocation queue.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Interesting post...
What is your source for this information? Or is it just a hunch you felt like sharing w/ everyone?
Or maybe you get your information from a higher source than the rest of us plebians...?
If so, say "hi" to Marty next time you see him.
:peace:

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
I am getting one at invoice and I'll get a few more people hooked up just like I did with the Preorder ones ....

So if you're in the Minnesota area, PM me and I'll get you hooked up for a preorder at invoice.

·
Banned
682 Posts
I am getting one at invoice and I'll get a few more people hooked up just like I did with the Preorder ones ....

So if you're in the Minnesota area, PM me and I'll get you hooked up for a preorder at invoice.

to add to that... people in Idaho area, I am getting mine for $1250 under MSRP, I can't promise you those numbers but I can guarantee $500 under msrp and that is before you even begin to negotiate.

PM me, and I'll give you the name and number of who can give you this discount at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why on Earth would you assume that? You have nothing to base this on. :sly:

Again you are assuming that the 2016 cars are only available by dealer allotment when (supposedly) actual buyer-specific orders are being submitted for 2016 cars.
This is just a discussion. I'm basing it on observation on a few forums and experiences. I sure as hell would not trust a dealer as far as I could throw and it seems some people are trusting their dealer whole heartedly. Sure, some may "know" them but most don't.

This can't happen because...
Nobody with any sense orders a car from a dealer (or selects a dealer in a preorder situation) without a buyer/dealer agreement in writing first.
Sure, I put an order in (pre-order) with a dealer and almost missed out on an R. Fortunately I tagged teamed them with the help of VWoA. Just because it's in writing doesn't mean it will be easy.

...is it just a hunch you felt like sharing w/ everyone?
This.

to add to that... people in Idaho area, I am getting mine for $1250 under MSRP, I can't promise you those numbers but I can guarantee $500 under msrp and that is before you even begin to negotiate.

PM me, and I'll give you the name and number of who can give you this discount at the dealership.
I have been driving mine since February and I got mine for $1000 under MSRP. Thanks though.

As I said, just thinking out loud. I'm not from the US so buying cars is very "weird" over here to say the least. Seems if you show any interest in a car, the dealer will try and bleed you for every penny.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is just a discussion. I'm basing it on observation on a few forums and experiences. I sure as hell would not trust a dealer as far as I could throw and it seems some people are trusting their dealer whole heartedly. Sure, some may "know" them but most don't.

Sure, I put an order in (pre-order) with a dealer and almost missed out on an R. Fortunately I tagged teamed them with the help of VWoA. Just because it's in writing doesn't mean it will be easy.

This.

I have been driving mine since February and I got mine for $1000 under MSRP. Thanks though.

As I said, just thinking out loud. I'm not from the US so buying cars is very "weird" over here to say the least. Seems if you show any interest in a car, the dealer will try and bleed you for every penny.
I could not agree more. I did trust my dealer, and unlike you, I did miss out on a preorder R. In fact, they delivered me a blue R, told me it was a preorder the whole freaking way, and I didn't find out it wasn't a preorder until I asked VW customer care why it was taking so long for my watch and certificate to show up. Lousy no good *[email protected]&#%£* dealership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
True 'dat! And a good way to put it. :thumbup:

I'm not from the US so buying cars is very "weird" over here to say the least. Seems if you show any interest in a car, the dealer will try and bleed you for every penny.
Ah. Well, I dunno if it helps, but not all dealers or brands are this way. This is the first time I've shopped VW and I am SooOOooOOoo not impressed w/ VAG, VWoA and their dealers. What a fcuked up way to try and sell cars. :screwy:

·
Banned
53,531 Posts
True 'dat! And a good way to put it. :thumbup:

Ah. Well, I dunno if it helps, but not all dealers or brands are this way. This is the first time I've shopped VW and I am SooOOooOOoo not impressed w/ VAG, VWoA and their dealers. What a fcuked up way to try and sell cars. :screwy:
The dealers are not part of VW or VWoA. They are independent businesses. In my experience the customers are much more jerks than the dealer staff.

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
41,845 Posts
It's not much of a discussion if you're just making stuff up.

Again, there is no basis for this statement. What does putting a deposit down have to do with the final price of the car? Absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's not much of a discussion if you're just making stuff up.
I was biting my tongue but you sir, are one negative sod. You really are a "hostile" **** (I can think of a word that starts with a capital C that perfectly defines you) aren't you?

Discussion is a noun and means "the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas". That's all it is. I could make everything up and it is STILL a discussion. If you don't have anything (preferably good) to say then GTFO.

While I drive my R up to the Malibu Canyons, enjoy your day being a negative keyboard warrior. :thumbup:

Again, there is no basis for this statement. What does putting a deposit down have to do with the final price of the car? Absolutely nothing.
Putting down a deposit reinforces the idea, from the dealers point of view, that you are actively seeking to acquire this particular car. Meaning they don't have to make your life easy because you have a positive emotional attachment to it. So it has EVERYTHING to do with the final price. As you said before "...you are assuming that the 2016 cars are only available by dealer allotment when (supposedly) actual buyer-specific orders are being submitted for 2016 cars". Have you dealt with VW before? (I can see you have a '13 GTI in your sig, did you order it and get it exactly the way you wanted it? Was it from Germany? Was it popular and hard to find?) The fact VW couldn't get the right number plates on for the first 500 doesn't make me hold out much hope you will get "everything you ordered" for your 2016 model.

Wasn't here to argue but looks like this thread (like every other one on the internet) turns to an interwebz shouting match.

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
41,845 Posts
FV-QR

Aww, someone is "reallypeacedoff"...

Isn't it just hilarious how I used your username as some kind of banal jab against you? How novel!

I have been neither negative nor shouting at you up to this point. You created a bait thread that started off with you claiming that everyone who doesn't already have a R will pay more than you did, like some kind back-handed humble-brag, that is based on unfounded assumptions.

I disagreed with you and for some reason you got your feelings hurt over it. Grow up man.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aww, someone is "reallypeacedoff"...

Isn't it just hilarious how I used your username as some kind of banal jab against you? How novel!

I have been neither negative nor shouting at you up to this point. You created a bait thread that started off with you claiming that everyone who doesn't already have a R will pay more than you did, like some kind back-handed humble-brag, that is based on unfounded assumptions.

I disagreed with you and for some reason you got your feelings hurt over it. Grow up man.
Well done, didn't think you would "get" my name!

You have been negative every post. Bait thread? I never stated that I even had an R or how much I got it for UNTIL people were offering me deals. That wasn't my intention. The discussion was based on, how much of a cluster*** the preorder was, how would the ordering for 2016 be any different.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Either way...nobody with an ounce of sense would EVER order a car without a written contract of all prices, charges, and fees for the car out-the-door. So I'm not sure what the problem would or could ever be.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.