VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to mod out car a little http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif , while trying to keep my factory warranty in tact
....basically i was wondering if anybody out there bought the performance exhaust or suspension from vw...1) are they are worth the money.... 2) how much does that suspension lower a car.....3) does anybody have any other suggestions in the way of exhaust and suspension??????

· Registered
814 Posts
Re: Performance Accessories Sold From Volkswagen (2003gtiTURBO)

VW sport suspension is just Eibach springs, it is about the same price for the springs, but they will charge a lot to install. The muffler is a waste of money, get a real exhaut

· Registered
64 Posts

I've got the VW/Eibach springs. They're nice for a "sporty" ride but are a compromise between performance, looks and comfort. As for exhaust, one combo I've heard of is the TDI mid-pipe with the VW/Remus muffler. That has been reported to give 10hp on a dyno (use the search).

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Performance Accessories Sold From Volkswagen (punkdork)

Thanks for the info....do u know how much those springs lower ur car, or if the lower it at all....b/c living in the northeast that could be a problem in the snow

· Registered
1,109 Posts

I had an aftermarket exhaust on my car since 2 weeks after I bought my car. Check with the tech guys at your dealership (hopefully they are cool) and ask them if it will void. My warranty wasn't affected at all.
For the money, there are better exhausts out there.
Spring have me interested in the topic though. Also, a K&N panel filter will not affect the warranty, and give your engine some breathing to go with your exhaust.

· Registered
64 Posts
Re: Performance Accessories Sold From Volkswagen (Quick VW)

Quote, originally posted by Quick VW »
I had an aftermarket exhaust on my car since 2 weeks after I bought my car. Check with the tech guys at your dealership (hopefully they are cool) and ask them if it will void. My warranty wasn't affected at all.
For the money, there are better exhausts out there.
Spring have me interested in the topic though. Also, a K&N panel filter will not affect the warranty, and give your engine some breathing to go with your exhaust.

Sometimes they will use a K&N to void warranty on MAF and other items because "they let in too much dirt, etc."

Any exhaust after the cat shouldn't void any warranty at all.

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Performance Accessories Sold From Volkswagen (Quick VW)

Yeah i am not really looking at the exhaust just yet.......for right now i probally am just going to get that suspension and a AEM CAI (hopefully they will be cool about that
)

· Registered
855 Posts

Im in the same position as you are dude. I hear that all bolt-on's are ok, but chipping a car will definetly void the warranty on the engine. Im getting suspension first, then maybe change the tail and head lights. The only thing that I would do to the engine is put a nice carbonio intake in. My two cent.

· Registered
1,664 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2003gtiTURBO »
CARBONIO http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Next week mine goes in!!
Or at least I hope!!!!
So naturally, there goes my vote!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.