VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
4,571 Posts
Re: performance air filter kits (dondiesel444)

theyre oth p-flo kits using a open k+n filter but you NEED a heat shield. i'd get one if i didnt already have it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif das cheap yo for the filter and mounting hardware

· Registered
1,785 Posts
Re: performance air filter kits (dondiesel444)

I have the one from S-tune. It seems to work well. It's actually installed in my mk2. I had to bend the bracket a little bit to make it fit. I still don't know what the little filter is for. The thing also didn't come with instructions.
For the money you can't go wrong. I can't compare it to the airbox, though, because it's a swap.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: performance air filter kits (mk2.slow)

I was thinking of picking one up and if I find the need to, i can install some kind of heat sheild later. for the cost of a stock replacement filter, I think one of these kits is a good idea, p0lus they are re-usable filters...

· Registered
7,252 Posts
Re: performance air filter kits (mk2.slow)

mk2.slow ~ if you dont want the little filter you can send it to me since you dont need it. It is the filter for the air-pump since when you remove the airbox in a mk3/4 your remove the hose going to the air pump as well. Therefore you need a mini filter (which i do not have) for the air pump.

· Registered
1,785 Posts
Re: performance air filter kits (bugasm99)

Quote, originally posted by bugasm99 »
mk2.slow ~ if you dont want the little filter you can send it to me since you dont need it. It is the filter for the air-pump since when you remove the airbox in a mk3/4 your remove the hose going to the air pump as well. Therefore you need a mini filter (which i do not have) for the air pump.

I didn't install the air pump, so I guess I won't be needing it. Send me some $ for shipping and you can have it... if I can find it.
Email me:[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.