VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I literally just bought a 2011 MKVI GTI. I want to put a BOV or something...other than poof that it has. Also a boost gauge and possibly a W.O.T box if anybody has any ideas please let me know. PM me or post back

Thank you

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I will never understand a WOTbox on a fwd car.

Now, flat foot shifting is another story. But a wot box? Other than sounding awesome, it's completely useless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouite....100% agree...I just like the sound....besides i wasnt thinking...its the automatic gti...why in the hell would i want a wot box? lol it will do me absolutely no good. And isnt there some sort of spacer i can buy for the diverter? i did some research last night. i am so used to my mk3 jetta glx and i bought this....whole different monster haha

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Ouite....100% agree...I just like the sound....besides i wasnt thinking...its the automatic gti...why in the hell would i want a wot box? lol it will do me absolutely no good. And isnt there some sort of spacer i can buy for the diverter? i did some research last night. i am so used to my mk3 jetta glx and i bought this....whole different monster haha
If it's a DSG car don't you already pretty much have a WOT box?? Launch Control? Put the car in sport mode, turn off the TCS and hold your foot on the brake and the gas. No popping sounds, but it should build boost.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If it's a DSG car don't you already pretty much have a WOT box?? Launch Control? Put the car in sport mode, turn off the TCS and hold your foot on the brake and the gas. No popping sounds, but it should build boost.
and it holds boost the way flat foot shifting is meant to do...stupid automatics get all the fun stuff:laugh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will have to try all of the above. I also thought about doing the APR ECU upgrade with 4 programs. Heard its impossible for vag to find the tunes and wont void warranty....what u guys think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well its not locked and id like to update. the GTI is stage 2 nopw with apr. Thanks all. I have the full carbonio intake. downpipe etc. I recently bought an R32 (mk4) and putting wot box in tomoorow. the only reason im getting the box is for no lift shifting. if anyone even looks at this post anymore.:beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts