VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I cannot get an acceptable price for my car, and since I love it regardless of how much it has cost me - I wish to bling it up a bit.
Im not talking about ricing it up and making it spastic like, but I am talking some classy little changes to make it look sweeter than it already is.
Its currently consuming a bit of water though, any ideas on what could be the problem? It occassionally smells of oil too, very occassionally.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Performance and bling options 1994 Audi 80 V6 - 2.6 L (duandcc)

How costly are those to repair? and if its comsuming probably half a litre every 1000km - is it worth attending to right away.
I dont want to spend anymore on repairs with this car - its already hit me for around 5500 so far in maintenance. Nasty **** of a thing !!!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done a little research on the problem of blown head gaskets. It lists the following symptoms:
1. steam from exhaust when at operating temperature - not observed
2. emulsive colour in the oil - not observed
3. difficulty starting - not observed
4. stinky exhaust smell in the coolant reservior - it stinks but not of exhuast - more like coolant stink - therefore I say not observed.
Now the last time I posted a problem about my transmission you guys were very close, the problem was actually in the solenoid, not the valve body. However the whole transmission was nearly ****ed anyway, so a rebuild was unavoidable.
So based on the lack of symptoms, would it seem the problem is more radiator and hose focused rather than head focused. I will be trying hard to observe for water drips from now on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.