VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a Golf TDI sometime in the future and I have a few questions...
1.How reliable are these cars? It will be a daily driver and long trip car, are there any problems that need to be addressed with it?
2.Where can I get performance mods for this car and what mods are available? And how much can I mod the car before it starts having a negative effect on engine life?
3.What are your suggestions for year model I should buy? I've heard some transmissions are stronger than others...I'm looking for a stick, so let me know.
That's about it for now....Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Re: Performance enhancing the TDI... (~cursed~)

The FAQ guides at http://www.tdiclub.com are an excellent resource, print em out and read them.

Diesels are super reliable engines and are made for the long run, as long as you take care of them and not neglect them. (Caring for them is extremely simple -- oil changes and filter cleaning) Just check out the URL above and you'll find a wealth of info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Performance enhancing the TDI... (Deception)

yeah, I've been all over that site tonight, just looking for personal opinions.
Know of any American resellers of performance parts for the engine? I wouldn't mind finding an intercooler, possibly larger turbo, and definitely a box for it. Muffler will be the first thing to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.