VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which company is the most up to date with performance mods for the R32 Golf ? I'm after an aluminium flywheel and updated clutch . Also what would I need to do to get 300 hp ?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Re: Performance mods (Bug_racer)

AMD is claiming 300hp with cams

·
Registered
854 Posts
Re: Performance mods (rracerguy717)

Quote, originally posted by rracerguy717 »
AMD is claiming 300hp with cams

would be great, but highly unlikely. hopefully it happens, but I'd guess around 270 is a safe bet with chip/cams/exhaust... I know if could afford to i'd be plenty happen with 270-280hp and AWD

·
Registered
18,550 Posts
Re: Performance mods (GTI1.8)

AmD's stage I kit is a chip, good for about 260hp
AmD's Stage II 270 kit is chip + Miltek exhaust, good for 270hp (dyno proven)
AmD's Stage III 300 kit is chip + exhaust + cams, and they claim (and other people say they've
got independent dynos to prove it) 300hp.
Z-engineering in Europe has a S/C kit good for about 320-330hp
VF-engineering here in the US has a S/C kit good for 320hp $4500 US
HPA's stage I Twin Turbo kit is good for 425hp (and is very very expensive)
HPA's stage II Twin Turbo is good for a proven 550hp (Aprox $20,000 USD, but you're talking $50-55k
including the car to run with Ferrari's and Porsche Twin Turbos)
and HPG's (HPA's European sister) Stage III Twin Turbo produces about 600hp
HPA says they've got a single turbo kit in the works that should make about 350hp, and run $7000 or so.
HPA also says they're looking at a NA path as well (probably comparable to AmD 270 and 300 kits)
I'm sure EIP will jump on this bandwagon soon, as they've been showing off their MkIV turbo kits recently.
We haven't even heard from Garrett, or DSR yet, but since Garrett did
the software for VF's S/C kit, I'm guessing his NA chip will be out very shortly.
ian

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Re: Performance mods (N2N)

Wondering the samething myself. Just E-Mailed so hopfully I can find out and let you guys know http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Re: Performance mods (Bug_racer)

20HP from a chip???

Thats some pretty remarkable claims. I wonder if GAIC will be able to produce similar results with their line of chips. If GAIC cant produce those same results then I am going AMD all the way. 20HP from chipping is nothing to sneeze at IMO.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Performance mods (verustung)

I don't know about you guys, but AMD's HP claims sound a little high for chip, exhaust & cams on a NA engine. I mean to get 60hp from chip, exhaust & cams in a NA engine is nothing short of a miracle.
It might be dyno proven, but remember you can get a dyno to read anything you want it to. Has there been individual test of this set-up, or not.
I'm just being very skeptic about the whole thing

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: Performance mods (verustung)

Quote, originally posted by verustung »
20HP from a chip???

Thats some pretty remarkable claims. I wonder if GAIC will be able to produce similar results with their line of chips. If GAIC cant produce those same results then I am going AMD all the way. 20HP from chipping is nothing to sneeze at IMO.

Thats because it's not just a chip. Not in the sense of a GIAC anyways(one size fits all). Its a custom remap of the ECU. In other words each chip is individually tested/tuned to the exact limits/mods of each car it goes into. And given the fact that the R32 has higher displacement, compression, and a better flowing head than either the 12v or 24v it would stand to reason that there would be more to gain per mod with this engine.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Re: Performance mods (ElWapo973)

I wouldn't just call their products "Dyno Proven" because the purchase price includes a baseline and a test dyno sheet on your car. That's straight-up proof.
Keep in mind that the 24V cars are the first to have true variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing. Messing with those perameters can really pay off. Also keep this in mind: What does the exact same 3.2L VR6 make in the TT? Point taken and proven

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Re: Performance mods (GSB Enterprises.com)

Keep in mind as well that AmD posts correct crank numbers, BHP. They don't post what the correction factor is that they use though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Performance mods (GSB Enterprises.com)

Quote, originally posted by GSB Enterprises.com »
I wouldn't just call their products "Dyno Proven" because the purchase price includes a baseline and a test dyno sheet on your car. That's straight-up proof.
Keep in mind that the 24V cars are the first to have true variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing. Messing with those perameters can really pay off. Also keep this in mind: What does the exact same 3.2L VR6 make in the TT? Point taken and proven

Still waiting for some independent basline versus modded dyno runs. The TT is only 10 hp.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts