VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Re: Performance mods (Bug_racer)

Quote, originally posted by Bug_racer »
Which company is the most up to date with performance mods for the R32 Golf ? I'm after an aluminium flywheel and updated clutch . Also what would I need to do to get 300 hp ?

I am not sure that we will focus on the clutch upgrades immediately but we will begin dyno testing various upgrades soon.
-Rich
(I picked up a Blue one last night
)

·
Banned
12,815 Posts
Re: Performance mods (verustung)

Quote, originally posted by verustung »
20HP from a chip???

Thats some pretty remarkable claims. I wonder if GAIC will be able to produce similar results with their line of chips. If GAIC cant produce those same results then I am going AMD all the way. 20HP from chipping is nothing to sneeze at IMO.

I overheard an extremely reputable birdy in the forest say that the R32 really was only rated at 240HP, but *cough cough wink* most likely produces the same 250HP than the TT3.2 does. Therefore, your chip upgrades will actually only show +10HP from a stock baseline run rather than the full +20HP from the "rated" 240 HP.

·
Banned
1,757 Posts
Re: Performance mods (carma)

Quote, originally posted by carma »
Hopefully, to get 300HP you'll just need chip/cams/exhaust/CAI.

doubtful.
to get 201 whp on a 2.8l 24v (rated 200 crank) you need chip, cams, exhaust, CAI. I cant see the 3.2l variation putting down anymore than 250 wheels with those mods. (and thats being optimistic.)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Re: Performance mods (N2N)

Quote, originally posted by N2N »
Who sells AMD in the US?
Jon

We are the Southern New England dealer for AmD Technik, and have just chipped an R32 that we will be dynoing ASAP.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: Performance mods (Momentum Tuning)

Quote, originally posted by Momentum Tuning »
and have just chipped an R32 that we will be dynoing ASAP.

Is that going to happen sometime this week?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Re: Performance mods (VDUBNDizzy)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBNDizzy »

Is that going to happen sometime this week?

We're trying to - we just chipped it on Saturday.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts