VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have tried to do this in the past but it's always been a meet up within a week. I know that a bunch of people on here like hitting up Friday's for happy hour, but unfortunately aside from the one at the BOB there are no Friday's located in central Phoenix.
That being said anyone care to try the whole Chili's experience...I was figuring perhaps we can all meet up at the Chili's at Town & Country (20TH St. and Camelback). It's right off the Squaw Peak, centrally located, and usually has decent food.
I just thought this might be a hell of a way for all of us to meet up on "neutral ground". Again this is just a though...I don't make it to the Pavs too much, cause I don't particularly like a lot of the cars I hear are out there or the crowds they tend to attract. So let me hear your thoughts on the subject or suggestions of somewhere else in the central phoenix area where we can all meet up...
If there is more interest in it the PV area might not be a bad place either, but with holiday shopping it may be a bit more crowded....

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Re: Perhaps planning ahead will work...December 14TH (CassidyRed)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Re: Perhaps planning ahead will work...December 14TH (typhoon)

I thought that the KK and In n Out was a big turn out. plus the could give to craps about us being there. I say we do thsat one again, anyone care to join

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Perhaps planning ahead will work...December 14TH (rferic18)

quote:[HR][/HR]I thought that the KK and In n Out was a big turn out. plus the could give to craps about us being there. I say we do thsat one again, anyone care to join[HR][/HR]​
Again the reason I was suggesting this location was because it was a little more centralized...I don't want to start the whole east vs. west thing again, but there are a few of us on this side who don't particularly want to drive all the way out to the Mills, just as there are some on that side who don't want to head all the way out here. With only about 90 or so people on the Tex from phoenix and the surrounding areas I don't think separate gtg's is the way to go. Also I suggested meeting there around 10 or so that way you guys can do the KK thing and then cruise out....

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Re: Perhaps planning ahead will work...December 14TH (AZVento)

I agree Ben. For the last two weeks I've driven seventy some miles round trip out to TGIs. I'm not bitchin' - I did it because I wanted to see some sweet cars and meet/make some new friends. For now I think a central meeting place is needed to get more of US in the same place. I still get lost around here or I'd be throwin up some suggestions. Seems to me that some place central is the answer for a good turnout until this group actually forms a club or has some organization and there is the possibility of meeting on the West side one week and then the East side the next and just alternate. The strangest thing I've encountered out here is people with sweet ass cars that don't want to drive them - come on people - once a week is it so terrible to drive you car 100 miles in one night?! My 2!

·
Registered
130 Posts

I will agree with typhoon!!! Lets stop talking and whining and do something!!!! lets set something up after the cottonwood run.. like the kk or in n out... haven't been there yet, but sounded like a heck of a good turnout!!!
mike

·
Registered
320 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Perhaps planning ahead will work...December 14TH (SPVWCGTI)

I won't be out next weekend because of work and some other stuff going on, but the following weekend (the 14TH) would be great. Wherever is fine with me, but I would suggest that during this time of year we stay away from malls until after 10 or so...
Let me know what you all think, but we should have a concrete location by Sunday the 8TH I'd say, so let's post some suggestions...
So far we got the following
Chili's at 20TH St and Camelback
KK by the Mills
Any other suggestions? Mike, what about Chapman perhaps?

·
Registered
320 Posts

i'm for whichever will have the bigger turnout, let's have like 100 cars out there,
like a MONSTer GTG, i think it's possible actually

·
Banned
125 Posts
Re: Perhaps planning ahead will work...December 14TH (WhiteBoy2.0)

I will NOT be there, if it aint fridays or starbucks im not going

·
Registered
11,846 Posts

I dont think you guys relize how far some of us travel from the East. I live in Fountain Hills, IE Beeline highway. or 150th st and Shea. Driving to 59th Ave is a drive and a half which most of is city street driving with no freeway. That is why we do the Mills gtgs and the pavillions and so on. Because they are all freeway driving for everyone and WAY more centralized then a lot of the stuff that has been posted.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Re: Perhaps planning ahead will work...December 14TH (Demon_Dub)

Good point, Phil. All city would blow!http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by typhoon, 6:54 PM 12-2-2002]

[Modified by typhoon, 6:54 PM 12-2-2002]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts