VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been successful at totally disabling ESP/ASR on a MkIV R32? Even with the ESP button pushed and the ASR light on the ECU still interferes on the track. It "pulses" the engine power and may actually be applying some braking until the steering position goes back to neutral. Has anyone flashed or installed an after market ECU which takes care of the ESP/ASR for the track? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally figured it out

Disabling ESP on R32 MK60 via VCDS coding

The ESP bit in the ECU controller 03 (ABS) is:
Soft
Code
ESP Bit
V
Original: 23049 = 101101000001001 ABS/ESP/EDL
-2048 = 100000000000 (ESP Bit)
New: 21001 = 101001000001001 ABS/EDL (no more ESP)

To perform it:
VCDS -> Coding -> 07 Login 40168
Coding 11 -> Enter 21001 in place of 23049 and "Do it" button

Tested it on my wet lawn, the ABS works great and the ESP does not interfere when on the power!
No more apex out acceleration issues. Priceless!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello to everybody!

My name is Vassilis and I own a 2010 VW Passat Variant 2.0FSI (110KW) 4Motion. This car has a normally aspirated engine.

I would like your help regarding the following aspects. During driving, and especially in tight corners with poor tarmac, I have realised that ESP does not let the 4Motion system live up to its expectations. What I mean by this is that when the car starts losing grip the ESP comes into play and when it finishes straightening the car's behaviour then it lets 4Motion do its job.

Unfortunatelly this means that ESP destroys spirited driving and does not let the car flow through corners depending solely on its 4Motion system (which is a very good one if let alone do the job)!

I have also realised that when I deactivate the ESP (at least the 1st phase of ESP, whereas ESP cannot be totally deactivated as a whole) the car flows so nice through corners that it seems to be another car; a much much better car!

So, as you can guess I want to permanently deactivate the ESP but have active at the same time the ABS unit.

Is there a way to come around this? I have read on the internet that there are some VAG (secret??) codes to come around issues like this but I have not found something yet! Or maybe something can be done through a VCDS unit, or .....?

Thanks in advance for your support.

PS. Is there a decent SW/HW combination to get some extra ponies out of this very good engine? I mean a good (value for money) combination of performance air filter+remapping+cat. back exhaust?

Vassilis

·
Registered
22 Posts
i tried to do this and failed
where the code should be 0023049 mine is 0023174 is that the abs pump? if so mine might be a 2.8 4mo pump it wont accept the new code either what do i need to do?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Not trying to be smart here but couldn't someone ask in the VAG Com thread. I thought there was one, would have to look. If someone did it in any MKIV then the code for the R32 should work the same way, no?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I'd love to see a reprogram that would have ESP off by default and let you turn it on by pressing the button. That way I could drive 350 days out of the year w/o ESP and turn it on at will on those few days it snows here.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

·
Registered
25,521 Posts
I don't know what this thread is even about. When you push the button, off is OFF.

I've had my R32 sideways more times than I can count.. dry pavement, wet pavement, snow, it doesn't matter...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts