VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I would like to know what sort of experiences vortexers have had with PES. I don't care if your experience with them was with a 1.8t or not, I just want to get an idea of how good they are, and if they are good people. Let me know cause I don't want to get screwed like I did for my turbo install.
James

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Re: PES Tuning experiences. (Tybolltt)

I've dealt with PES a few times.
1) Chip install - Tony and Gary were very nice. I got into a conversation about detailing with Tony and I showed him a scratch on my car which I was trying to remove. He took it in his own hands and started to buff/polish the scratch area!!!
2) Chip removal from ECU how-to via phone - Tony was very patient w/ me while I was like a idiot trying to pry the ECU open.
3) Chip version update - Gary answered all my e-mails and got my ECU back to me fast!
I know these are all just minor business but I think if they're willing to treat a small customer like me very well. I think you can expect the same excellent service for a much bigger customer. I recommend them!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Re: PES Tuning experiences. (TurboCro)

These guys seriously are top notch, got chipped there and had a great time. They had some really great cars around the shop and you can really tell these guys are gearheads. Once Gary started to show me the supercharged A4, there was no stopping him. All in all, very cool guys who love cars and do great work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: PES Tuning experiences. (Tybolltt)

PES TUNING http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Great guys also great products.
Had GIAC chip install and PES BPV (great valve)problems none.

Only problem is I didn't get tip chip. Thats my excuse to take another
ride to PES.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: PES Tuning experiences. (00 B5 UYA)

quote:[HR][/HR]PES TUNING http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Great guys also great products.
Had GIAC chip install and PES BPV (great valve)problems none.

Only problem is I didn't get tip chip. Thats my excuse to take another
ride to PES.
[HR][/HR]​
PES is opening up a new full service facility (lifts & the whole shabang), they should be totally settled in withing a week or so
i may be planning a cruise down there so we can check it out
anyone interested?

·
Registered
58 Posts

I'd take ride to PES after the holidays, maybe january or so.Best days
thurs+fri(days off),or call in sick.

·
Registered
16,725 Posts

I'm in for a trip to their new shop. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I got my chip and DV from them. After a few months the DV started throwing codes, so I brought it back and they removed, cleaned, and reinstalled it... it's been working fine ever since. Great guys.
-Nick

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

I'd be interested! It's a shame they had to move to PA, though, since their Flemington location was only about 20 minutes from my house...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts