VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... Before winter gets here... I want to do a couple more mods... an Air Fuel Controller and a Phenolic Spacer. What do you think the Phenolic Spacer will do for power? I rode in my buddy's car before and after he did it, and it just felt more efficient with the power over a long drive. In other words more consistent. Anyone have one ?

· Registered
10,420 Posts
Re: Phenolic Spacer (ny_fam)

I'm a little suspicious of spacers, generally, I think they're a good idea, but I'm not sure if they are for a VW 8v because of the angle of the port to the manifold mounting surface with a spacer there's going to be a significant jog in the port, I think this might disrupt the airflow. If I were thinking about a spacer for my own car, I'd need to see some favourable flow test data to alleviate my concerns.

· Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Phenolic Spacer (ABA Scirocco)

Quote, originally posted by ABA Scirocco »
I'm a little suspicious of spacers, generally, I think they're a good idea, but I'm not sure if they are for a VW 8v because of the angle of the port to the manifold mounting surface with a spacer there's going to be a significant jog in the port, I think this might disrupt the airflow. If I were thinking about a spacer for my own car, I'd need to see some favourable flow test data to alleviate my concerns.
Thanks for the insight... MJM sells them. They go for 84 bucks and I figure it wont be a big-big gain or anything... but every little thing adds up!

Modified by 91CorradoG60 at 9:29 PM 10-31-2007

· Banned
3,154 Posts
Re: Phenolic Spacer (91CorradoG60)

Got the Evo spacers in stock. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
8,621 Posts
Re: Phenolic Spacer (ABA Scirocco)

Quote, originally posted by ABA Scirocco »
Hi Jess,
$84 certainly is a pretty reasonable price, but I'm curious if you guys have ever had these tested on a flow bench to see what effect, if any, they have on air flow?

On the 12V VR6s, yes, but not on the 8V ones. I'm sure Victor at Evo has a chart for the 8V applications, though.

· Banned
3,154 Posts
Re: Phenolic Spacer (Andrew Stauffer)

Quote, originally posted by Andrew Stauffer »
MJM, you site isn't loading.
OP, check this:
http://www.034motorsport.com/p...d=633
For an Audi 10v so cut the gasket. Might be some cost savings as well.....

What kind of problems are you having?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.