VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im going to be running 3 kicker 12" l7 in my mkiv golf and i have a xtant 6.1 (1 x 600 @ 2 ohms) amp and im thinking of getting a Phoenix Gold R15.0:1 (1 x 1500 @ 2 ohms) . do you think this is a good idea or not . the l7's are 2ohm dvc . oh yeah and i ditched the idea of getting JL audio cause i have 2 l7s and the xtant amp already and dont have money for jl please help im an audio noob. oh and please dont flame to hard

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: phoenix gold or not??? (darb215)

yeah they are dvc at 2 ohms. i cant afford four right now and plus the amps to run 4 . but do you think the phoenix gold amp (1 x 1500 @ 2ohms) and the xtant amp (1 x 600 @ 2ohms) will run 3 L7s . please need input.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Re: phoenix gold or not??? (causticwindow)

How do you like the performance of the XTANT? You could always step up to a 1000.1x (X series 1000w thing.) The new Kicker 1500w gets up and goes nicely as well. Or the Directed 1100D. The Phoenix R8.0 does a surprisingly good job. Here's the neat question..... I take it you're running a 2.33 ohm load? 3 SVC's would be an easier load to wire up (1.33 ohms), however, that isn't the case here. The 8.0 is really good bang for the buck, we've sent lots of them out the door, haven't seen any of them back, and will do 2 ohms all day long (not 1 ohm stable for very long... it will do it, but does develop some decent BTU's in the process
)
Gus

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: phoenix gold or not??? (causticwindow)

You should be fine, if you keep your speaker at 2 ohms or higher, you should be okay.
Wire them for 0.5ohm load, and 1) your amp probably wont be stable, and 2) your speakers can't handle that much power.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: phoenix gold or not??? (dieselgus)

Quote, originally posted by dieselgus »
-snip- (not 1 ohm stable for very long... it will do it, but does develop some decent BTU's in the process
)
Gus

Hey man, We're Americans. We don't deal with no silly BTU's

·
Registered
625 Posts
Re: phoenix gold or not??? (AlanR)

hmmm.... then which would you prefer? Joules? Heh. I thought the standard measurement unit for thermal transfer to air was the BTU in North America.
Gus

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: phoenix gold or not??? (AlanR)

looking at the cart at kicker if i run 3 of them it would be at 1.33 ohms, and
with that said that would mean any amp running 2 ohms will not be stable ??? so i will need an at that will be stable at 1 ohm?? aslo would it just be easyer running 4 @ 1 ohm . if someone would please i.m on aim aim name : xxjungliestxx . help would be much appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts