VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since today marks 20 years of the horrific atrocities that many of us have witnessed right before our eyes, I dug up whatever I could find of cars with the WTC Twin Towers in the background as a reminder of what we once had. If you or anybody else here have photos of your cars with the Twin Towers in the background, please share.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Building
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Building

Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Sky Plant Building Skyscraper Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Since today marks 20 years of the horrific atrocities that many of us have witnessed right before our eyes, I dug up whatever I could find of cars with the WTC Twin Towers in the background as a reminder of what we once had. If you or anybody else here have photos of your cars with the Twin Towers in the background, please share.
View attachment 117496
View attachment 117502

View attachment 117495
View attachment 117494 View attachment 117501
View attachment 117504 View attachment 117503 View attachment 117493
Dub

Cool pics dude! I actually worked in building 1 for Deloitte & Touche on the 98th floor. I drove the 9-11 Commission when I was a Limo driver for Shaq's uncle back in 2005. Took them to NYC to Millennial Hotel right across the street. Remember all those gold plaques with the names on them. I was also at Pentagon on 9-11. Not working. I went over on Metro to see it. Got off at Arlington Cementary and walked as close as I could. Talked with soldier and just watched chaos. That was a crazy day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dude, what a fantastic idea. As a kid growing up in West New York, NJ, overlooking the NYC skyline, these towers will never leave my memory. I even worked at 4 WTC for two summers (91 & 93) on the floor of the Commodities Exchange (pictured in Trading Places when Eddie Murphy ruins Randolph and Mortimer).

There was nothing like watching the sunset glean off those buildings when you watched from Hoboken or Jersey City!

Great pictures!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the only car photo I know of from the inside of the WTC, from a 1977 advert for the Lincoln Versailles, in the Windows on the World restaurant on the top floor of the north tower.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now I want to know how they were able to bring that land yacht that high.

Reactions: Yuppie Scum

·
Registered
2014 Mazda3 Sport 2.0 6MT / 2001 Mazda Miata 1.8 6MT
7,784 Posts
man I remember when that happened; really changed the world. I was 12 and in school, and the teacher told us something bad happened in the US. I think we went home early. My parents who worked in Montreal rushed home too since they thought it was an attack on many major Western cities. Pretty scary stuff.

I don't have any twin towers backgrounds to share, but I've been reading up on a lot of history lately since I feel I just don't understand how things got to where they are today.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
This appears to be a Ford Fiesta (1st gen). I owned a Fiesta Sport many years ago. It was a great car for its day; imported to the US from Germany, model years 1978-1980.

🍺

·
Registered
21,903 Posts
Damn must have been around 1995ish as I see a 1st gen Odyssey Taxi in the background
That looks like a 4 door RAV4, so it would have been after January 1996 (when the 4 door came out).

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
why the **** does this site have a 9/11 remembrance forum full of nothing but 15 year old zombie threads? this site is so overboard with subforums its absurd, i mean do we REALLY need a forum just for 9/11, or any of the other 6000 subforums for stuff that already naturally fits in off topic anyway?? i mean the way this site has a sub for everything, there should be no off topic forum cuz theres nothing left to talk about in OT that isnt covered in a sub.

yeah, im an *******.

·
Registered
12,752 Posts

View attachment 117494
Forget the WTC, there is a lot going on here in need of immediate discussion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ually worked in building 1 for Deloitte & Touche on the 98th floor. I drove the 9-11 Commission when I was a Limo driver for Shaq's uncle back in 2005. Took them to NYC to Millennial Hotel right across the street. Remember all those gold plaques with the names on the
money on the car not actually being there. perspective and lighting does not add up

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

1 - 18 of 18 Posts