VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am picking up detroits this week and the seller said he can paint them what ever color I want.

Current color:

I'm thinking dark beige,light peanut butter, would appreciate if someone can photoshop this.Or I'm just going to leave them silver

Edit: it would if I posted a pic of the car:

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Not very easy angles to Photoshop

Sent from my EVO

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The detroits and huffs are good lookin wheels. I was going to buy a set myself until I found they are 18x7.5. I'm looking for wider for better traction. At least 18x8:thumbup:

Just my 2cents

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have always liked the wheels, I too wish they were 8" wide, hope I don't have problems putting my 235/40 18 dws on them I know it's larger than recomended. This is where I got the idea of the beige/tan:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that peanut butter looks terrible, but different strokes. I used to have a really nice, deep bronze set of wheels that were powdercoated. They looked phenomenal, but the car was orange. That kind of finish might look good on a black car, but if I were in your shoes, I'd keep those wheels as-is. If he's painting, expect flaking over time.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't plan on this color being permanent I picked up these wheels for 150 for all 4. I decide on matte cream/tan with gloss black windows so it Gould have that oem look

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aren't 18" all detroits. Those are not the original color,they were refinished silver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.