VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a pic from the last autox I was at. I love it when I find pics other people have taken of my car, because odviously I can't take them

Photo Credit: shinobi.bmw330ci.com

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
NICE! Another STS VR6 Jetta! How do you run in your region? I'm up against a Hotchkis Celica here and its slaughtering me....

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (Shawn M.)

ahh, ok. competition is stiff down here in calclub, friggin 41 cars in sts alone, plus we got guys getting articles in grm (page 45 march03), but alot of it at the moment is car setup for me.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice. cool to see a "show car" autoxing. most people are too afraid they will mess something up

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: (a2vwnick)

I've always like the Jetta'a and thought they would make a great Auto-X car. You guys got nice cars there.I had an B-3 Passat that I was going to Auto-X but I decided not to. It had the automatic / 2.0 18v and had some really wild torque steer when you nailed the gas. I really liked that car and I had the suspension dialed in perfectly. I ended up loosing a timing belt on it in my driveway and although it didn't hurt the engine, it was just never the same for some reason. I was glad it wasn't a zero clearence engine though. That would have made it worse. I would like to get a VR-6/ 5 speed Jetta Wagon to do up as a crusier/ Auto-Xer some day. Even if the car isn't any good at Auto-Xing, it would still be fun.

Modified by Chopjob at 9:20 PM 6-5-2003

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Re: Pic of My a3 at AutoX (a2vwnick)

Love the look of Mk3's, two very nice looking cars! Glad you guys are out there autox'ing. Here's a pic of our Mk2 Jetta getting ready for an SCCA event at FedEx in the Washington DC Region:

And here is a link to the results from our last event this past weekend. Working on catching the two Sub's. The guy that finished first is the regular season champ in the Philly Region and the guy in second is the regular season champ in the Wash DC Region. Not sure the Jetta has it in her to run competitively with the top cars in STS, but we have a lot of fun anyway!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Re: (Shawn M.)

Thanks Shawn, I checked out your Jetta, looks very nice. Where are you in St. Louis? I am originally from there (North County area). Where are autox events in the St. Louis area? Good luck this year!

·
Registered
547 Posts
coupla pics of my mkiv STS car in my sig link below (not the 20Vturbo one, the other one). bout to go thru the suspension again for '04...
matt

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Re: (ingrahamm)

I'm enjoying seeing the pics of everyone having fun with their cars, but I'm really diggin' the local guy with the calypso jetta. What a nice clean car http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Pic of My a3 at AutoX (a2vwnick)

Here's a few of mine from our event last weekend. 2001 New Beetle TDI, bone stock (even running on the crappy Eagle RS-A's). I think I paxed 16th out of 55(?) cars. *Really* fast course; Type-R's were hitting 130 kph into the slalom. I was only able to make it to about 100.
BTW, the bug in the pics Sportster posted is one mean machine!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Im in Rockhills now, we're using Riverport Amphitheater's parking lot, the GM Plant up in Wentzville and Gateway Internationals parking lot....Its fun....although the H&R cup kit is too low and too soft for solo usage....
guess its coilover time next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts