VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Re: (my_tdi_is_blue)

Quote, originally posted by my_tdi_is_blue »
I searched. I just found questions from retards asking how to paint their grab handles black... errr... with spray paint?

Actually B3 Passat Handles are black. I frankestined my MK3 ones with the Passatt one as the hinge part of the MK3 one sat better. I did have to paint the hinge part of my MK3 ones but I was picky about how the B3 ones didnt sit very flush against my headliner.

· Registered
77 Posts
Re: (BIG EYE)

I going to make a all black interior soon. But first I'd also like to see some good pics of one, but can't find any.
Not sure either how to get the best result, all new, or just paint? A new one would require a lot more work i guess.

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Pirre)

Quote, originally posted by Pirre »
I going to make a all black interior soon. But first I'd also like to see some good pics of one, but can't find any.
Not sure either how to get the best result, all new, or just paint? A new one would require a lot more work i guess.

My biggest concern is getting the fresh new black paint to look as faded as the rest of the ten year old interior.

· Registered
9,575 Posts
Re: (Juice Box)

I have it in my GTi. All black as in upper pillars and headliner as well. I do have some 20 Jahre Edition bright red seatbelts installed though, so it's not quite all black. I'll take some pics shortly.
My pillars are OEM black pillars purchased from Germany, but a good cleaning, a couple coats of Krylon Fusion Satin Black paint, and some Krylon Matte Finish clear coat (wait until the Fusion dries completely!!!
) matches everything else very well. I did this to the sunroof grab handle thing...popped it off the panel, got the panel recovered in black fabric and then reinstalled the grab thing. I had just the area where you touch to open the sunroof panel coated in Line-X truck bedliner so the black paint wouldn't wear off.

Modified by vwwolfpack at 5:25 PM 3-19-2008

· Registered
209 Posts
Re: (stevedeezy)

Quote, originally posted by stevedeezy »
almost all black; still need to pick up black visors.

Good stuff. S'all I'm missing in mine, too, except for the headliner colour.
I even went looking for a stereo that would match a little better, but haven't found anything that *really* fits to me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.