VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Can anyone please post a nice pic of the place where the vakuum pump for cruise control is mounted in Golf mkII? Would be nice if one can also see the mounting bracket and where it is srewed to.
And can also somebody please look for the part number of the mounting bracket (the VW dealers do not have a number here in the parts catalogue)?
Thank you!

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts
Re: Pic request: Cruise control, mounting place of vakuum pump (Russi)

No pic (I will try to get one later), but it wedges in the corner of the driver's side framerail and firewall, lying on the rail, next to the strut tower.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Pic request: Cruise control, mounting place of vakuum pump (VDub2625)

Thank you for answering.

I have now a rough idea where it is located, but pictures would be very nice, and a part number if possible!
Thank you again!

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts
Re: Pic request: Cruise control, mounting place of vakuum pump (Russi)

Coolant bottle removed for clarity. The back of the pump bracket slides into a clip, IIRC. I rerouted my frame rail wires up slightly to prevent them from cloggiing diirt on the raiil (a major water track), and to keep water out of the inside of the wires.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Pic request: Cruise control, mounting place of vakuum pump (VDub2625)

Thank you very much for the picture!
May I ask you to have a closer look to the vakuum pump holder for a part number?? As I can not find a used one here I'd try to buy a new one.
Is this black screw the only screw for this holder?
Is it possible to show a picture of the rear side bracket too?
To where leads the vakuum hose on the right?

Modified by Russi at 6:07 AM 9-7-2006

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.