VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search but all the old pics are down. I was wonderin if anyone had pictures of k03, k03s from a gti/golf/jetta 99-05. If so could you post them up, or a link to working pictures.

· Registered
4,042 Posts
Re: Pic request of k03 and k03s (votexgli)

Quote, originally posted by votexgli »
i think the k03 has the silencer on it while the k03s doesnt, that should help you if your trying to distinguish the two

This is incorrect. The K03s had two different versions. The '01 AWW engines came with a k03s that had no silencer, and the AWP engines from '02+ had silencers on them.

· Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Pic request of k03 and k03s (NH_Bora+)

Quote, originally posted by NH_Bora+ »

This is incorrect. The K03s had two different versions. The '01 AWW engines came with a k03s that had no silencer, and the AWP engines from '02+ had silencers on them.

Cause my aww has the one pictured on the bottom, and my bother awp has the one on top...
I thought maybe someone switch the turbo out or something... So there is no need to change mine out. Thanks for the money saving post.

Modified by Nevaeh_Speed at 10:31 AM 8-6-2008

Modified by Nevaeh_Speed at 10:31 AM 8-6-2008

· Banned
13,372 Posts
Re: Pic request of k03 and k03s (Nevaeh_Speed)

Useless bit:
There was a company making a sleeve at one point to block the holes in the silencer of the ko3s, and were planning on selling it for $70-80 iirc.

· Banned
5,881 Posts
Re: Pic request of k03 and k03s (SAVwKO)

Quote, originally posted by SAVwKO »
Useless bit:
There was a company making a sleeve at one point to block the holes in the silencer of the ko3s, and were planning on selling it for $70-80 iirc.

That'll silence the silencer.

· Banned
5,881 Posts
Re: (Nevaeh_Speed)

Quote, originally posted by Nevaeh_Speed »
What's the point of the silencer anyhow? I like to here the turbo spool. And WTF is the sleeve, it that to transform it a k03s aww?

The point of a silencer is to silence.
VW thought we didn't need to hear the turbo I guess.
The sleeve would be to make the silencer ineffective, ie into a straight tube. Ignore the sleeve, like he said, useless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.