VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a black interior with 50% tint all around? Post em up please

I did some searching, but most people go much darker than this. I found a few but the links were dead. Thanks much.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it is rather light, but I'm going for the steathly OEM look.
Also, considering any tint on the front windows is illegal in NY, and the cops in my town have absolutley nothing to do, I'd rather be safer.

Modified by jschweg at 2:45 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Re: (OstTrefftWest)

yeah, i'm curious too. i had 35% on my jetta, and it was a monthly occurance to get pulled over, so i'm thinking 50% now, but i don't wanna flush money away if it won't do much.

·
Registered
16,123 Posts
Re: (Bixmen)

they say if you get 50% your just wasting $$ and
its not really worth it... just get not tint at all
just my .02Cents

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Re: (gldglove25)

Quote, originally posted by gldglove25 »
35% is still pretty light. i have 35% and i would definitely not go any lighter than that.

That's what I'd always figured, too, but then there was a pic on here within the last couple of weeks where someone posted a black GTI that looked quite good, and even though he wasn't very clear, I think he said it was only 50%. That's one of the reasons I'm bumping this thread again -- because I can hardly believe that anything lighter that 35% would make much of a difference!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Re: (OstTrefftWest)

yeah 50% is real light, I just got mine tinted at 30% and found it lighter than I had thought. you could go 30% on the rears and sides and 50% on the front windows, then you won't attract as many police.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
35% looks pretty dark to me, thats why I'm worried about the po-po. Does it look darker in pictures than it does in person?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Re: Pic Request (jschweg)

I would not go any lighter than 35%. Honestly, it is just not worth the money for such a light tint.
Here is mine with 30% all around. Black WE sport-cloth interior:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Re: (jschweg)

Quote, originally posted by jschweg »
35% looks pretty dark to me, thats why I'm worried about the po-po. Does it look darker in pictures than it does in person?

it definitely looks darker in pics IMO, at first i was afraid of it being too dark when i went to get my car done. once i saw my car in the sunlight though, it didn't look very dark at all. the samples they have in the shop are deceptive since they are inside. plus if you watch them install it on you car, they are also in the shade. once the car gets in the sunlight it will look much lighter. I would go to the shop and ask to see real life samples, perhaps of cars parked in their lot to see different shades. seeing pics online really doesn't give you a good idea what it iwll look like from different angles.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (salsanacho)

Quote, originally posted by salsanacho »

it definitely looks darker in pics IMO, at first i was afraid of it being too dark when i went to get my car done. once i saw my car in the sunlight though, it didn't look very dark at all. the samples they have in the shop are deceptive since they are inside. plus if you watch them install it on you car, they are also in the shade. once the car gets in the sunlight it will look much lighter. I would go to the shop and ask to see real life samples, perhaps of cars parked in their lot to see different shades. seeing pics online really doesn't give you a good idea what it iwll look like from different angles.

Thanks, I think that was the reassurance I needed. I always thought that pictures may be darker. Think I'll probably just go with 35%

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Pic Request (dkrutewicz)

Quote, originally posted by dkrutewicz »
I would not go any lighter than 35%. Honestly, it is just not worth the money for such a light tint.
Here is mine with 30% all around. Black WE sport-cloth interior:

Thanks for the reference point, nice car btw. The shade on your car looks almost exactly how I want it.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Re: Pic Request (jschweg)

Quote, originally posted by jschweg »

Thanks for the reference point, nice car btw. The shade on your car looks almost exactly how I want it.

Here are some more pics. At different times of day, in different light. (NOTE: These pictures are from over the years.)

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Re: Pic Request (Silent Bob)

Quote, originally posted by Silent Bob »
50% 35% 30%

If you are going to tint go big or go home 5% all the way around or don't spend the $$$

No. Believe it or not, not everyone wants their tint to scream, "Hey, look how tinted I am! Hey officer, pull me over!" Far as I'm concerned, these pics of 30-35% look great without making it look like the driver's trying to hide from imaginary paparazzi.
5% is fine if that's what you're after, but there's nothing "
" about people who want less than that. Obviously, there's a market for it, or they wouldn't even make it, right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts