VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 5 VW's in a row, I am leaving the VW family (for now) and picking up my 2003 MINI Cooper S on Monday. It is British Racing Green with white roof, white wheels, and white bonnet stripes and I got the sport package, cold weather package, auto AC, and Harmon Kardon stereo as options. Is it Monday yet?

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (VWVancouver)

Congrat http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Is BRG still an extra cost option?

·
Registered
17,135 Posts
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (matoo3)

quote:[HR][/HR]Congrat http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Is BRG still an extra cost option?[HR][/HR]​
Yeah, it's a metallic paint. Something like $400 extra.

·
Registered
32,082 Posts
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (VWVancouver)

quote:[HR][/HR]We get our new funiture on Monday, but its not a car

Congrats
[HR][/HR]​
bwahahahahahaha looooser

·
Registered
26,702 Posts
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (Silly_me)

quote:[HR][/HR]We get our new funiture on Monday, but its not a car

Congrats

bwahahahahahaha looooser
[HR][/HR]​
Oh go change your timing belt before it breaks and you'll have to toss your Audi in the garbage!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (StattlichPassat)

quote:[HR][/HR]Sweet! Stick shift, I hope... you've got it spec'd out exactly how I'd get one. We expect pics! It's going to be a loooong weekend, eh?
[HR][/HR]​
A VERY long weekend indeed! Yes, it is a 6 speed (all Cooper S's are) and I will post pics sometime next week.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (edkim)

They are littering the lots around here.
Bet you could find what you wanted easily. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (mtrainVR6)

I work for an automotive consulting firm, so I test new vehicles frequently. I recently spent a weekend with a Cooper S without the Plus suspension, and honestly, I can't see why anyone would want any more than what the standard S suspension offers.
Honestly, it's the best handling stock FWD car I've ever driven - by a LONG shot. My god....the grip is astounding, the reflexes go kart quick, and it maintains just enough compliance for mid-corner bumps. JUST enough....so I'd guess the Plus suspension might even be a little TOO stiff!
Either way, it's one friggin amazing car, and I lust for one SO bad.

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (edkim)

The S has the Plus suspension as standard, I specced our base Cooper with it because I am a bastige.

Its firm, but I would say "just right". It gives new meaning to the term "handles like a slot car".

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: Picking up my MINI Cooper S on Monday! (Jamblastx)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well, after 5 VW's in a row, I am leaving the VW family (for now) and picking up my 2003 MINI Cooper S on Monday. It is British Racing Green with white roof, white wheels, and white bonnet stripes and I got the sport package, cold weather package, auto AC, and Harmon Kardon stereo as options. Is it Monday yet?
[HR][/HR]​
I gotta stop reading these "Just got a MINI" threads. This is *exactly* the car I would buy, and I will own one soon enough.
quote:[HR][/HR]Honestly, it's the best handling stock FWD car I've ever driven - by a LONG shot.[HR][/HR]​
I don't remember the exact numbers, but when R&T tested a Mini Cooper when they were brand new, with plain all-season tires and the non-sport suspension, it had the second or third best slalom time of *any* car they'd EVER tested - it beat Porsches, Ferraris, BMW's, you name it. The only cars that beat it were a tuned 911 and the F1, I think.
-Nate

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.