VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got 4dr jetta 92.. im thinkin about picking up an H&R Cup Kit from a frind (lil over 2" drop in front an like 1.7 in rear i think he said).. i wanna see some cars with 16" rims if possible w/ this suspension.. Im looking into getting Borbet Type-A 16x9 wheels w/ 215/40/16 tires (from tunershop.com) this friday.. But im curious on how much of a drop i can handle with this wheel setup with out rubbing around corners (just normal driving im not talkin bout slammin around a corner)... or havin to bump out my fenders etc.. also ill be running G60 flares.. any pics?? basically just wanna kno how much of a drop i could do so i have like an 1.5" between tire/wheel well INCH tops lol.. let me kno PLEASE thanks!!

· Registered
5,831 Posts
Re: Pics needed (Criscone240)

You sound pretty right on with the numbers, no pics though, sorry.
Although, My buddy did that exact same drop with 16" bbs' and it TUCKS big time.
Sorry again i couldnt help more

· Registered
1,646 Posts
Re: Pics needed (sheepVW)

I've got a VR6 H&R cup kit from an A3 GTI under my 92 Jetta with 15" wheels. Make sure you get the 1/4" spacers for the back otherwise you'll sit all sorts of funny.
With the 15's I can barely stick my finger between the tire and fender and that's at a slight up hill angle. In other words there is no gap unless your looking from the ground up.
It rides real nice though.

· Registered
7,504 Posts
Re: Pics needed (quadmodrophenia)

that is about a 60/40mm drop i believe, might be hard fitting 16 x 9 without cutting out the fenders and covering with the flairs. I got 60/40mm with 15s 195/50/15 and had to roll the fender a tiny bit (no fender flairs) and when i turn all the way you cant put anything more than a piece of paper between the fender and the tire.

· Registered
17 Posts
Re: (89Deuce)

I fit schmidts 16x9 with ET of 15 in the front and 25 in the rear with my cup kit....i cut the front fenders and rolled the rears... do a search under the username Phobia it will show you how he did his rears ....

· Registered
9,809 Posts
Re: Pics needed (Salsa GTI)

Quote, originally posted by Salsa GTI »
16x9 RH Cup's ET 30 plus 10mm spacerfit fine........with the lips rolld up tight.

I gotta get better pics

And this pic is with a MK3 rear beam in the car...1/2 inch wider each side BTW. So when the A2 beam goes back in they will tuck right up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.