VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me what you think of my Golf

Hey guys,
Finally got lowered this week on my V2's. I'm not sure how much lower it is, but I have no rubbing. The ride is actually pretty comfortable, and the handling is great.
Check it out and let me know what you think!

Isotta:

Bungholio!! uhh...I mean Carbonio:

Cheers
Roger
BTW: Please check out the thread in my sig and help me pick what school to go to.

[Modified by coconut-monkey, 4:23 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
13,012 Posts
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (coconut-monkey)

Looks good, I have a set of those on the way
BTW, what setting do you have the dampening on? Did you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (Turbo Turd)

Thanks! I have the dampening in the middle on the rears, and one turn past the middle on the fronts. I didn't do the install myself, I had Momentum do it, and they did a great job.
Cheers
Roger

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (SLC PUNK)

Your car is very tastefully modded. Big http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to ya!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (papasuki)

Thanks guys!
I'm not sure how low I went because I didn't measure before I dropped. I can always measure from my fender if you guys are interested though.
Cheers
Roger

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (jettanjax)

I have almost the same car as you. Except for the rims. Question what kind of steering wheel wrap is that and how much did you pay for the front valance to be painted? Thanks

[Modified by JUST-A-GOLF, 4:48 AM 4-8-2002]

[Modified by JUST-A-GOLF, 4:49 AM 4-8-2002]

[Modified by JUST-A-GOLF, 4:52 AM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (JUST-A-GOLF)

LOL! Nice car Just-A-Golf! The steering wheel wrap is Isotta. I picked it up from New Dimensions.
As for the valences, I had the front and back painted for $200 CDN including taxes. The name of the shop probably means nothing to you ('cause you live hundreds of miles away) but nevertheless, here's a plug for Star Lite in Burnaby.
Cheers
Roger

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (coconut-monkey)

Guys, please check out the thread in my sig and help me out! I'd really appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
Roger

[Modified by coconut-monkey, 4:50 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Tell me what you think of my Golf (Shummi)

Thanks for the replies guys.
Shummi: the valences are still the rough texture they originally were. I had a local body shop do them for $200 CDN.
Cheers
Roger

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: Tell me what you think of my Golf (coconut-monkey)

coconut-monkey, nice job!
Question: What's the Carbonio? Is it a cold-air intake? How much, where, all that? And how much louder is it than the stock? I was contemplating a K&N drop-in, but that looks slick.
(I'm from Vancouver, so if you know of a really good cheap place to get that, I'll pick it up when I'm next in town!)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: Tell me what you think of my Golf (coconut-monkey)

Looks great! Makes me want V2s reeealllly bad
Did you install a new front sway, or stick with the stock one?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Tell me what you think of my Golf (Hater)

Concept: Yes, the Carbonio is a cold air intake. The tube is made of carbon fibre, hence the name. It sounds really nice. A low guggle when you're low in the revs, and then it just turns almost silent when into boost. Throttle response is a lot better, and the BOV sound at throttle lift-off is awesome. You can only get them direct from carbonio. Check out their site, they'll have the pricing and stuff for you. http://www.carboniointakes.com
Hater: I still have the stock front sway on, and surprisingly, no rubbing.
Cheers
Roger

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (JUST-A-GOLF)

quote:[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]​

Check this out. I'm getting my hellas tomorrow and have ALMOST the exact same car as you!
-Matt

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Re: Pics of my Golf newly dropped on KW V2's (duskm)

Sweet rides guys!! nice to see other 4DR T's out there http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif damn i like that steering cover, one of the few things i hate about our cars is the thin little steering wheel. How much $ was it at Dimensions? and how hard is it to install??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.