VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my 3 day old Jetta. I picked her up Friday night, and wasted no time installing mods.
The only things I haven't done are the HKS BOV, and the exhaust. I take the car in Thursday morning for my custom 3" cat-back. Tell me what ya think, and any opinions on what to do next.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: PICS OF MY NEW CAR!!!!(many pics) (AUDIPWRD)

Thanks sniper27
I plan onj keeping it clean looking, no huge spoilers, or overdone bumpers.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Tell me what ya think, and any opinions on what to do next. [HR][/HR]​
Don't install a blow off valve, it will make your car run rich, get a Euro front Bumber strip, and maybe some light window tint....otherwise your car is hot!

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I am running stock dampers for now. When they go bad, I will then get koni adj. It rides just like stock. I like the way it rides compared to my '97 Jetta I traded in with the H&R Cupkit(stiff). My brother got 80,000 miles on his lowered beetle before his shocks/struts went bad.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The HKS BOV kit from ecstuning runs perfect. It doesn't run rich or throw CEL's. My brother has the kit on his 225TT and has been running it for a long time with no problems. I never would of bought a BOV if I knew it would give me problems, or if my brother wouldn't of tried one.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

I had Neuspeed race on my stock shocks, while my Koni were on backorder, and it didnt take but a month before it got bouncy, and after 2 it was pretty rough, thank god my Konis came in by that time.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Keep the opinions coming, it really helps me when deciding on what to buy next. Should I do the Votex front, and a FMIC next, or get "19 Axis WheelMesh2's?

·
Registered
13,488 Posts

that has to be the sweetest package anyone can get at the post office! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Re: PICS OF MY NEW CAR!!!!(many pics) (rolymoly)

get a chip.
and a wing, and a grille, and tt pedals, and a new shift knob, and a down pipe, and a short shifter, and sway bars, and an alpha1 rear strut bar, and boost gauge, and a turbo timer, and a cai

[Modified by wolfsburg2, 6:55 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Rolymoly, thanks! Wolfsburg2, I already have a K&N drop-in with a swiss cheesed airbox, autotech short shifter which I love, and I like my stock leather shift knob. When I het some more money I will be getting a APR Chip, Projektzwo rear spoiler(flush mount), and defineatly a downpipe. Keep the opinions coming!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts