VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a trip this weekend from Raleigh, NC down to Columbia, SC to pick up a my new Platinum Grey Pkg 2/DSG Jetta TDI from Ryan (USCVWFAN) at Wray VW. Uneventful trip down, great room at the Embassy Suites (thanks Ryan) and a really pleasant, no hassle buying experience. They almost make me want to do it again
Seriously, Ryan and Tom McGuire (the internet sales guy) are great, needless to say they know and love their VW's...With the exception of the 15 mile traffic jam on I-95 coming home today due to VOLUME (yes, you read that right, apparently the entire northern half of the country decided to leave Florida today, being the weekend after Easter)
it was a perfect buying experience.

Ryan (USCVWFAN) and me with the TDI:

And who said TDI's aren't FAST?

Ryan lent the one Fast at Wray which usually lives in his office for the photoshoot

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
IT'S ABOUT TIME, MARK!

Congrats!

I do believe that's the first photo I've evern seen of Ryan.

And yeah, Ryan's awesome.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »

Congrads on getting your ride.......

Yea...I find it funny-you get a mental picture of what some people will actually look like from reading their post and they turn out totally different......
For the record.....I'm a limpy Geek.....so there.

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Re: Pics of My New Jetta TDI--It's FAST, except if you don't have a fast connection! (markjb)

O.k. that's a nice jetta, but I don't understand threads of people posting pix
of their stock MKV's?
If I wanted to see pix of a stock jetta, i'd look on VW's site!
I do welcome you to the "family" so to speak,
but I just don't see the point of posting pix of stock Jettas, Gti's or whatever.
I think that we all know what a stock jetta looks like by now!

Show us your Jetta after you've really made it your own!

Modified by exS4 at 4:49 AM 4-23-2006

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: Pics of My New Jetta TDI--It's FAST, except if you don't have a fast connection! (exS4)

Quote, originally posted by exS4 »
O.k. that's a nice jetta, but I don't understand threads of people posting pix
of their stock MKV's?
If I wanted to see pix of a stock jetta, i'd look on VW's site!
I do welcome you to the "family" so to speak,
but I just don't see the point of posting pix of stock Jettas, Gti's or whatever.
I think that we all know what a stock jetta looks like by now!

Show us your Jetta after you've really made it your own!

Modified by exS4 at 4:49 AM 4-23-2006

It's a matter of excitement, of pride. For some folks, stock is perfectly fine. If you don't want to see pics of it, I figure the thread title was descriptive enough to tell you not to look.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Re: (Invigor)

Glad you finally got on the boat Mark. I think there are enough of us Raleigh/Cary/Durham people to get together for a photoshoot.

IT'S ABOUT TIME, MARK!

Congrats!

Yup, Ryan and Tom are both awesome, I'm probably going to make another Columbia run in the near future.
Actually, Ryan made me swear that I wouldn't post pictures of him when I got to mess around with the white GTI back in December, fearing that all of the SE MKV people would pound him into the ground.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Re: (Zz_Radish_zZ)

Congrats on the car Mark!!! Hope to see it around. Correct me if I am wrong, but you work over at NC State right?? I think I remember you saying you have seen my GLI over there. Now I'll know what too look out for whenever I'm on campus.

Quote, originally posted by Zz_Radish_zZ »
I think there are enough of us Raleigh/Cary/Durham people to get together for a photoshoot.

Agreed!! When I get my GLI in 2 weeks I am going to need to borrow Jeremy's vag-com, so we should make a meet/photoshoot out of it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (cgvalant)

Quote, originally posted by cgvalant »
Congrats on the car Mark!!! Hope to see it around. Correct me if I am wrong, but you work over at NC State right?? I think I remember you saying you have seen my GLI over there. Now I'll know what too look out for whenever I'm on campus.

Agreed!! When I get my GLI in 2 weeks I am going to need to borrow Jeremy's vag-com, so we should make a meet/photoshoot out of it.

Yep, I do work at State, I've driven by your current car on Dan Allen actually. Anyway, thanks for the comments, let me know when you guys are going to meet, I at need to "borrow" Jeremy's VAG-COM skills for the remote window opening and eventually the euro-tails when I get them.
I neglected to mention I got to drive a GLI back from the airport to the dealership after returning the rental I drove down in...WOW, no wonder you GTI/GLI guys have trouble controlling your FAST, you should get 2 or 3 of them when you buy the car, nevermind one (besides, they are small
) Oh, and that GLI happened to be as free from wind-noise at highway speeds as almost any car I've driven, so it must have been a good day at the factory

Modified by markjb at 9:33 AM 4-23-2006

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (Zz_Radish_zZ)

Quote, originally posted by Zz_Radish_zZ »
Glad you finally got on the boat Mark. I think there are enough of us Raleigh/Cary/Durham people to get together for a photoshoot.

Yup, Ryan and Tom are both awesome, I'm probably going to make another Columbia run in the near future.
Actually, Ryan made me swear that I wouldn't post pictures of him when I got to mess around with the white GTI back in December, fearing that all of the SE MKV people would pound him into the ground.

Ha, from what I hear from Ryan, we could do a photoshoot with your family of VW's which is up to a small fleet
, but yea, I'm in for one in Raleigh or thereabouts.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Re: (markjb)

Quote, originally posted by markjb »
Yep, I do work at State, I've driven by your current car on Dan Allen actually. Anyway, thanks for the comments, let me know when you guys are going to meet, I at need to "borrow" Jeremy's VAG-COM skills for the remote window opening and eventually the euro-tails when I get them.

Modified by markjb at 9:33 AM 4-23-2006

I will have to keep a look out when I'm in the NCSU area. My sister is actually a student there, she's the one driving the never-washed MKV GTI.
Is the Passat gone now? (You might want to update your user info to the left)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (BRM10984)

IT'S ABOUT TIME, MARK!

Congrats!

Thanks. I did mumble somthining about not posting it on the vortex (oops)!
This sets a personal record from time I started looking to actual purchase, something like 6+ months
but in the end, everything worked out, now I have daily (or is that hourly) phone calls from Dad asking me questions about various features in the Passat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.