VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my 79' that I just picked up! I'm super stoked about it and I can't wait to drive it. It doesn't run but I am nailing a few things down. I am going to take a long time with this as a project but I will update whenever I do something.
My problem that I'm having is that I have the mk1 bentley that only goes to 78' and mine is a 79'. Are they the same wiring? Can I follow the diagrams of the 78' to be the same as a 79'?
I also picked up the coolest repair manual that I have ever seen. I will take pics of that soon..

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FV-QR (saddest6day66)

Quote, originally posted by saddest6day66 »
wiring will be 99% the same. Car looks clean, congrats!

cool thanks. and i wish the car was actually clean. it is pretty rust prone and will take a lot of work but im up for it. i started as an apprentice at a restoration shop. just helped finish a 914-6 gt that turned out amazing in saturn yellow. so i am stoked to put to practice some of the stuff i've learned.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Re: FV-QR (mkymk2)

Did you get "The Rabbit Book: How to keep your VW alive"? That's the most entertaining service manual ever created. You could actually read it for fun.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: FV-QR (andykane)

Quote, originally posted by andykane »
Did you get "The Rabbit Book: How to keep your VW alive"? That's the most entertaining service manual ever created. You could actually read it for fun.

Yeah that's the one! So amazing n creative to look at..

·
Registered
442 Posts

You need to go find the original...
"How To Keep Your Volkswagen Alive, A Manual Of Step By Step Procedures For The Compleat Idiot"
Written years earlier for air-cooled VW's..

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Re: pics of my new scirocco! need a little help....already (mkymk2)

Looks nice. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Re: FV-QR (ft6crt)

Quote, originally posted by ft6crt »
"How To Keep Your Volkswagen Alive, A Manual Of Step By Step Procedures For The Compleat Idiot"

we sell that one at my work Bugformance of San Jose

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Re: FV-QR (ft6crt)

Quote, originally posted by ft6crt »
Great book, highly entertaining. I can only imagine how many brain cells that dude lost in the process!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mkymk2 »
just helped finish a 914-6 gt ....
Ohhh, them's the magic words. I'm jealous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts