VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...these are some photos I took of the rocco race car I picked up last fall & that I have been working on since.These were taken just after I picked up the car;newer pics of the car with new body panels will come later.....

I know it looks a little rough,but it has come a long way since;I can't wait to post progress pics!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
darn! pics didnt work.....Im beginning to hate snapfish...and village photos is being a big PITA as well....theres gotta be a better photo upload/share site......I'll try again here in a sec....

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have to assume that's a mini-stock oval track race car? A bit rough but about normal for a oval track car. See my answer to your other post. PM me and include your email address and will try to send you some info on oval racing a VW.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup its gonna be racing a paved 3/8 mile oval speedway....fab guy just cut off both quarters from my spare shell & grafted the LS one on already...god this guy is gifted...i gotta take updated pics...I have raced VW's on an oval track speedway before,but they were all Mk2 golfs;I dont have any experience with the Mk1 chassis.however I havent been actively racing since 2002...check out this older thread just for circle track VW's...you'll see me & many versions of my #16 Golf.....
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...rcle-track-vw-pics-submit-yours&daysprune=365
I basically need help with the differences between Mk1 & Mk2 chassis setup.one time that I won(with my 85 GTi 1.8L 8v) I lapped a guy driving a '88 240SX.....:D...anyways I will take any help & advice you'll give me...and thank you!
Ken

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found out some more info on the engine currently in the car;i thought it was a 3A block from an Audi....noooooo...it's a 9A block...with a 1.8L 8v head on it....gotta run a compression test on this bad boy to see what I got...

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
compression test results are in(test was done with a cold motor;no oil injected into cylinders);pressures are the max reading the cylinder put out during the test & oil/filter was changed before the test:
cyl. 1-210 lbs.
cyl. 2-220 lbs.
cyl. 3-220 lbs.
cyl. 4-220 lbs.
holy crap.....:eek:.............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts