VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up these bad boys, but they won't be going on the car for good until I get some new tires and fender work. Current tires are 215's and with ET20 it's hardly even driveable.
So my question for the wheel gurus: Do you think I will be fine with just a fender roll and 205's in the front or am I gonna need to have the fenders pulled? The rear will be find with just a roll (I think) but there is some minor pokeage in the front. Offset is 20 as I said and suspension is an FK cupkit, so it's pretty firm.
Thanks.

· Registered
6,716 Posts
Re: (rollinondubs)

Quote, originally posted by rollinondubs »
sorry, 17x7.5

17x7.5 - I'd throw a 10mm spacer in the rear and get some 205/40's and I don't think you'll have any problems.
BTW, Azev Type A's are one of my favorite all time wheels. <3

· Registered
1,487 Posts
Re: pics of new wheels (dragginjetta12)

Aren't those 215/40's already?

I know I'm in the minority but I like the way it looks as it is. Always one of my favorite wheels http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and I don't care much for excessively "stretched" tires. And I like the look of wider tires too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Unfortunately I can't answer your question about fender work though..

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: pics of new wheels (jettaglisteve)

thanks for the input and good words...the reason they have 215/40's is because thats just what they came with when I bought them.
Quote, originally posted by jettaglisteve »
man you are lucky.... those wheels are sick...

I know I'm lucky, pretty much stumbled apon them, didnt even have to import em

Modified by rollinondubs at 5:43 AM 9-8-2005

· Registered
161 Posts
Re: pics of new wheels (Mex gti)

should not have a problem with 7.5x17
Got 8x17 et 30 on the front of mine and 8.5x17 et20 on the rear with 205/40/17 all round with only slight rubbing on the rear but ned arch's rolling.

· Registered
2,104 Posts
Re: pics of new wheels (Azev A) & couple questions (rollinondubs)

I worked for the importerof AZEV and I think you have an E30 BMW fitment on you VW. 4 lug right? It'll work on the Mk 3 but not real well and it'll take a bit of work on the front & rear fenders to eliminate rubbing....Hope All Goes Well.
BTW - Those center caps are worth SERIOUS MONEY!

· Registered
7,927 Posts
Re: pics of new wheels (Der T4)

i love those wheels. they look great. you just need some tires that fit better so it doesnt look like an off road vehicle from behind. 205 or 215 40

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: pics of new wheels (dubvrs)

Quote, originally posted by dubvrs »
should not have a problem with 7.5x17
Got 8x17 et 30 on the front of mine and 8.5x17 et20 on the rear with 205/40/17 all round with only slight rubbing on the rear but ned arch's rolling.

your car is wicked, thanks for the pic and info http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: pics of new wheels (Der T4)

Quote, originally posted by Der T4 »
I worked for the importerof AZEV and I think you have an E30 BMW fitment on you VW. 4 lug right? It'll work on the Mk 3 but not real well and it'll take a bit of work on the front & rear fenders to eliminate rubbing....Hope All Goes Well.
BTW - Those center caps are worth SERIOUS MONEY!

ya, they came off an E30. I'm guessing 20 was the only offset in 4x100?

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Re: pics of new wheels (ShadyUpInSmoke)

im running et 25 brocks that are 7.5" in the front with 205's and it only rubs when i havethe wheel on the lock and i hit a bump, but im slammed
you should be fine with 205's in the front

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.